FIIO K19, the flagship desktop DAC and headphone amplifier
May 25, 2024 at 3:59 AM Post #31 of 36
Hi,

A little disappointed in the mixed reviews about the K19.
I do not own it, but I was giving it a thought...

I am really surprised with comments that says that it does nto sound super preicse and detailed.
I own the Shanling EH-3 that sports the same DAC chip.
And... my oh my... It can sqeeze every little drop of muscial juice from your files with a level of details unheard of so far.
Much much more details than what I got on a AKM 4499 powered device.

So I am a little puzzled about those comments :frowning2:

But I can imagine that some people will not like the sound of this device.
I also own the Fiio R7.
While it is super convenient to use, and offers features you can only dream of (and they are sunctional as an added bonus) the soud was clearly not a competitotr for said Shanling EH-3.
But I spent so much time trying to fix things with the EH-3 and spend so much time listnining to music with the R7 that I came to prefere the R7 :wink:

Now, if Fiio adds streaming abilities to this K19 and that is the future S15 they announced for mid-september, then I'll definitely go for it as it will check all boxes of my desired list.

Regards.

May 25, 2024 at 4:43 AM Post #32 of 36
Hi,

A little disappointed in the mixed reviews about the K19.
I do not own it, but I was giving it a thought...

I am really surprised with comments that says that it does nto sound super preicse and detailed.
I own the Shanling EH-3 that sports the same DAC chip.
And... my oh my... It can sqeeze every little drop of muscial juice from your files with a level of details unheard of so far.
Much much more details than what I got on a AKM 4499 powered device.

So I am a little puzzled about those comments :frowning2:

But I can imagine that some people will not like the sound of this device.
I also own the Fiio R7.
While it is super convenient to use, and offers features you can only dream of (and they are sunctional as an added bonus) the soud was clearly not a competitotr for said Shanling EH-3.
But I spent so much time trying to fix things with the EH-3 and spend so much time listnining to music with the R7 that I came to prefere the R7 :wink:

Now, if Fiio adds streaming abilities to this K19 and that is the future S15 they announced for mid-september, then I'll definitely go for it as it will check all boxes of my desired list.

Regards.
No, it IS indeed quite precise and detailed. But for me personally, too lean/flat in the end, it lacks a bit of dynamics and musicality. The stage could be deeper, but it's comparatively very wide.

May 28, 2024 at 8:06 AM Post #34 of 36
I received mine today (took a while before I could purchase one locally). I will let it burn-in for a couple of days and then compare it to ADI 2/4 Pro SE.

May 30, 2024 at 1:49 AM Post #36 of 36
Hi,

Yah...
The more I see this K19 and the more I hope for Fiio to add streaming abilities and make this their next horizontal streaming device announced for september, the S15.
That would sound like a killer device.
But probably at a stellar price :frowning2:
Probably around 2000€

And that would raise a serious question : would I buy a Fiio device for 2000€ ?
Or would I go for a competitor from a famous and renowned brand like Naim and it's Unity Headphone Edition ?

I'd maybe still go for the Fiio but that would be a tough choice :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back