Fir Audio Thread - Discussion and Impressions
Jun 1, 2024 at 10:49 PM Post #6,421 of 6,421
I grew up with older speakers like the vintage klipschorns, jbl 4425, kef 104/2, Ryan speakers mcl-3, etc. While I'm not expecting big sounds from iems compared to speakers, it would be nice if I could get close to that without buying headphones. Would listen to the speakers more but would probably get noise complaints at night.

When I listen to music, I sometimes like to hear the different nuances and detail in a song such as the secondary guitar or an off beat which I guess would be more analytical. The other times however, after a long day or when I want to just unwind with an old fashioned, I want to just kind of immerse in music and take everything in. Might need 2 iems but was hoping one of the 2 choices mentioned would fit that goal.

Artists would range from deadmou5, excision, pink Floyd, eagles, dire straits, Dr Dre, Tupac, assorted g-funk, willie Nelson, and the highwaymen. I occasionally listen to soundtracks such as those composed by Joe Hisaishi or some Carmen.

Hopefully didn't go too crazy.
If you're a speakers guy. Trifecta will be your cup of tea. RN6 is super HD with all the frequency ranges at the party. You can run between the modules for taste as well.

I've heard both and want a trifecta as my next purchase.

Edit: I'll add the Rn6 is the most end game unit I've heard thus far. I'm just a heathen and keep adding on. My 2 channel dreams are dead 🤣.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back