McChanson amps tube rolling thread
Jun 1, 2024 at 10:27 PM Post #871 of 882
Anyone reading these posts would see you have rained on their parade ! Comments such as “In the world of astute tube connoisseurs, 807 are not in the highest pecking order.” does little to promote us ordinary tube rollers from enjoying ourselves with more humble tubes. Where is this world of astute tube connoisseurs you talk of?

Is there a web page or forum for us common tube rollers to ogle? :)
You have to read between the lines.

Jun 1, 2024 at 10:34 PM Post #873 of 882
Make no mistake about it. Some on this thread is just plain disruptive. My task is easy. Just put them on ignore.

Jun 2, 2024 at 12:03 AM Post #874 of 882
It's alright. Nick Ryan is on ignore. Why would I care about an ungrateful person.
Matt I really don’t care if you put me on ignore.

The fact that you feel you need to tell the other members of this thread just displays your hidden churlish nature.

Ungrateful I most certainly am not. I am very grateful to all members off this forum and especially those that contribute to this thread. You have brought up me being ungrateful in the past, when you delivered my McChanson amp, later you got the poos about me and said I was ungrateful about the delivery in open forum but you forgot to say that for delivery ( I was unable to drive to collect the amp, or I would have done) as compensation for the delivery we agreed that I give you a practically brand new pair of 300B tubes & an almost brand new Dark Voice 336 SE which you were ecstatic about even after I showed you an intermittent fault with the headphone output socket. (The fault caused a few days earlier when a grandchild tripped over the headphone lead causing the issue)

I have not mentioned this prior as I mostly keep my personal thoughts to myself but as grateful as I am Matt you have overstepped the mark again.

Of course you won’t read this as you have me blocked. Hopefully others will read this and understand there is always 2 sides to a story.

Keep on tube rolling everyone. :)

Jun 2, 2024 at 12:43 AM Post #875 of 882
🤔 .... has this become a tube trolling thread? .... 😐

Jun 2, 2024 at 12:49 AM Post #878 of 882
Jun 2, 2024 at 1:11 AM Post #880 of 882
Jun 2, 2024 at 2:40 AM Post #881 of 882
Telefunken c3gs, RCA 6L6 and Tesla EZ81. Everything sounds good in Ultimate is true but some are better. When I first heard 6L6 metal, I find it very transparent and solid state but it doesn't seem so in Ultimate. It's not very tubey though but tight. I like it that way.

IMG_9416.jpg

Jun 2, 2024 at 2:54 AM Post #882 of 882
Comparing Super Ultimate with the above tubes and Eric's own parafeed 300b amp. Both sound good but the 300b is better with vocals naturally. The 300b amp has 6EA7 (6EM7) drivers, EH 300b and a chinese 5z4p indirect heated rectifier.

IMG_9417.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back