Official Sony DMP-Z1 Thread
Jun 1, 2024 at 11:43 AM Post #4,336 of 4,342
What I'm getting out of this is that you were gone for a whole month and didn't take it with you. Inexcusable. :)

About the battery - the more recent Sony DAPs and even their Xperia phones have battery saving modes, avoiding charge to 100%. Am I right that that feature does not exist for the DMP-Z1? There's no way to avoid the charge to 100%, correct?

Jun 1, 2024 at 11:47 AM Post #4,337 of 4,342
Are you saying you leave it on, while away ??
No, I didn't leave it turn on. I disconnected everything from the current and pack in the car case and I turn off the. DMP-Z1 and turn the volume put down to zero.

Jun 1, 2024 at 4:22 PM Post #4,338 of 4,342
I agree, there doesn't seem to be a great desire on the part of Sony to release a DMP-Z2. They may do it but in my views, it's unlikely.

I also think that there is a less than zero chance of them releasing an upgrade for the TA-ZH1ES. It was and is of no use to anyone! I have one and it has been sitting in the box for years. Why and where would I use it . . .for what purpose? It's a paperweight . . . nothing more!

Jun 1, 2024 at 4:24 PM Post #4,340 of 4,342
Lot of good portable amps have come out in market in recent past and paired with Walkman 1Z they all sound great and can be good alternative

Jun 1, 2024 at 5:32 PM Post #4,341 of 4,342
I agree, there doesn't seem to be a great desire on the part of Sony to release a DMP-Z2. They may do it but in my views, it's unlikely.

I also think that there is a less than zero chance of them releasing an upgrade for the TA-ZH1ES. It was and is of no use to anyone! I have one and it has been sitting in the box for years. Why and where would I use it . . .for what purpose? It's a paperweight . . . nothing more!

I have my TA-ZH1ES ready to go for whenever I am done listening to music on the DMP-Z1 and want to watch a video or two without delay. The fact that it accomodates all the jacks in the world is helpful. I can just take my MDF-Z1R 4.4mm cable from the Z1 and plug it in, whereas my other amps are 6.3mm only.

I agree with you though, both the TA-ZH1ES and the DMP-Z1 might have been specialty, one-off items from Sony. Only time will tell if they will think about doing another when they replace the MDR-Z1R. That would seem like the right moment.

But one thing is clear so far. Both the TA-ZH1ES and the DMP-Z1 are so well built, that we can hope to still be enjoying them even if a new release is in 2030 or 2035.

Jun 1, 2024 at 5:39 PM Post #4,342 of 4,342
Well, I am back at using my DMP-Z1 after a month of vacation and not being at home... I turn it yesterday in the night and it had 64% battery charge

Reading the manual now, this seems to be absolutely normal behaviour, as intended:

"When you connect the player to an AC power source, after you turn off the player by holding down the
souni_e1c8.png
(power) button for 2 seconds, charging continues until the battery is fully charged. Once the battery is fully charged, discharging will start. Discharging continues over a long period of time until the battery runs out.
Therefore, the player may not turn on if you do not use the player for a long period of time. If you cannot turn on the player even when you hold down the
souni_e1c8.png
(power) button for 4 seconds, disconnect and reconnect the AC adaptor (supplied). Charging will start, and then you can use the player. "

Users who are viewing this thread

Back