Rate the video games you're currently playing
Jun 2, 2024 at 12:53 AM Post #6,962 of 6,963
I'm enjoying it a lot. It's so much more like a Castlevania game now. It's like playing SOTN all over again. Highly recommended. I think they polished the game balance from the first one. First one wasn't balanced all that well. They did platforming much better this time around. Great platforming puzzles.

They really tweaked this into an actual metroidvania. It's interesting how the metroid/castlevania formula still works so well. I think they tweaked the game more accessible to the masses. The way it's balanced, it seems so. First one was harder, but harder doesn't mean better. I didn't think the difficulty was balanced all that well.

I'm playing the first one that I gave up on some times ago, and I feel like this time around, I'm playing it properly. I've been using a guide so that I'm properly upgraded for various areas, don't stray into wrong areas I'm not ready for, and also make sure I figure out enemy patterns to parry them. All this makes a big difference in enjoyment. You have to play this game as intended. So, if played as intended, It's not as annoying.

This one is better than the 2nd one, although the 2nd one is more friendly being closer to a Castlevania game. The first one started as a souls-like and then they tweaked it as a metroidvania, so it feels a bit brutal compared tot he 2nd one. If you luv Castlevania games, this series is a must play. You need to be a bit patient with the first one, there's a lot of mechanics to digest. Make sure to keep up with special upgrades by using a guide.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2024 at 2:24 AM Post #6,963 of 6,963
Been playing Assassin's Creed Vahala, Star Wars Jedi Survivor, Toom, and Rocksmith 2014 and Rocksmith+.

Assassin's Creed is fun, but I preferred when they were less RPG sand box. I'm still very early in the game. I didn't finish Odyssy because it was too much of repeating the same tasks to level build up instead of being able to progress through the story.

Jedi Survivor has been pretty fun thus far. Still early. Seems to build upon the Fallen Order. It's still pretty linear, but that's ok. Able to focus on the story.

Toom is alright. Mainly playing for easy game achievements for MS points, which turn into Amazon credit. Using a guide. It's not my kind of game, but I can see others enjoying. I do like the art style of it.

Rocksmith is a different type of game. RS14 and RS+ have a completely different gaming experience feel. RS14 has elements of Guitar Hero or Rockband feel. RS+ is much more of a teaching tool experience. A lot of gamification of learning guitar seems to gone. It's still fun to play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back