Schiit Vali 3 : Impressions Thread
Jun 1, 2024 at 3:30 AM Post #751 of 762
I have a perfect Vali 3 sized space next to my V222 and as I can't really use my Vali 2 there as it's silver (everything else is black), I might just treat myself to a nice black Vali 3. I've been putting it off as several of my headphones are XLR terminated but after searching all over the place I finally found an XLR to 6.3mm adapter cable at Custom Cans, so I'll be able to use all of my headphones. With all the hype surrounding this little gem it would be rude not to jump aboard. :darthsmile:

Ordered :D
Spot on, there! Let us know just how lovely it sounds and the tubes you use!

Jun 1, 2024 at 8:55 AM Post #752 of 762
I have a question. I just bought a AKG K240 Sextett lp ( not arrive yet ), This headphone is suppose to be one of the hardest 600 Ohm to drive. Do you think the Vali 3 will be up to the task, on High gain, to drive them at their full potential ? And if yes , more then my Nitsch Piety, and technically why so ? Thank you for your answer.

Jun 1, 2024 at 9:36 AM Post #753 of 762
I have a perfect Vali 3 sized space next to my V222 and as I can't really use my Vali 2 there as it's silver (everything else is black), I might just treat myself to a nice black Vali 3. I've been putting it off as several of my headphones are XLR terminated but after searching all over the place I finally found an XLR to 6.3mm adapter cable at Custom Cans, so I'll be able to use all of my headphones. With all the hype** surrounding this little gem it would be rude not to jump aboard. :darthsmile:

** 😜 "it ain't hype if you can hear it!" 👍

Jun 1, 2024 at 10:18 AM Post #754 of 762
I have a perfect Vali 3 sized space next to my V222 and as I can't really use my Vali 2 there as it's silver (everything else is black), I might just treat myself to a nice black Vali 3. I've been putting it off as several of my headphones are XLR terminated but after searching all over the place I finally found an XLR to 6.3mm adapter cable at Custom Cans, so I'll be able to use all of my headphones. With all the hype surrounding this little gem it would be rude not to jump aboard. :darthsmile:

Is your Vali 2 an OG, or a + or ++?

I can only speak to the OG and my own preferences, but I'll say anyway that it's very rare to get such a fabulous treat for so little money.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2024 at 11:18 AM Post #755 of 762
With all the hype surrounding this little gem it would be rude not to jump aboard. :darthsmile:

Welcome to the V3 club, hope you enjoy it as much as we all do! :beerchug:

Jun 1, 2024 at 11:28 AM Post #756 of 762
Is your Vali 2 an OG, or a + or ++?

I can only speak to the OG and my own preferences, but I'll say anyway that it's very rare to get such a fabulous treat for so little money.
It's an original Vali 2 and it has served me well for years but from what I'm reading the Vali 3 should be a marked improvement plus it will blend in with the rest of my system.

Jun 1, 2024 at 12:43 PM Post #757 of 762
It's an original Vali 2 and it has served me well for years but from what I'm reading the Vali 3 should be a marked improvement plus it will blend in with the rest of my system.
I think you will really like the V3. I had an original Vali2 and the V3 is so much better sounding and drives 300-600 ohm cans better too.

Jun 1, 2024 at 10:36 PM Post #758 of 762

Congrats.

Can't deny the folks on this thread are doing a very good job in promoting the new Vali. Got myself tempted many times as well. Holding strong so far...
giphy.gif

Jun 1, 2024 at 10:38 PM Post #759 of 762
Congrats.

Can't deny the folks on this thread are doing a very good job in promoting the new Vali. Got myself tempted many times as well. Holding strong so far...
giphy.gif
Silly person…

Jun 1, 2024 at 11:08 PM Post #760 of 762
IMG_9415.jpeg

I think this is where the Vali 3 will call home. Still waiting on some adapters, but no real complaints with the stock tube. The Magni Unity was boxed up to make room, and I rearranged so the tube and power toggle are both easily accessible. It’ll see more preamp duties here. Any guesses how hard it works tubes? Music to fall asleep to is nice, (and usually necessary,) but I feel bad leaving tubes on while I sleep.

Truly enjoying great value gear, like the Vali 3 is shaping up to be, or the A20, while still wanting gear that costs significantly more seems like it should be a contradiction, but I don’t think it is. Maybe it’s like pizza or hoagies. Awards and high price tags don’t necessarily make for a more satisfying bite, just a different one. I’m okay with being spoiled for choice.

Jun 1, 2024 at 11:14 PM Post #761 of 762
great minds think alike? ....
IMG_8137.jpeg
🤔👍

Jun 2, 2024 at 3:09 AM Post #762 of 762
IMG_9415.jpeg
I think this is where the Vali 3 will call home. Still waiting on some adapters, but no real complaints with the stock tube. The Magni Unity was boxed up to make room, and I rearranged so the tube and power toggle are both easily accessible. It’ll see more preamp duties here. Any guesses how hard it works tubes? Music to fall asleep to is nice, (and usually necessary,) but I feel bad leaving tubes on while I sleep.
Vali runs the 5670 at roughly 1/3 capacity the spec limits. Not going to burn up a tube too fast. Do you sleep more than once a week, for more than 4 hours a night? If so, no worries. A fresh mil-spec 5670 should live well over 10,000 hours in the Vali, probably much more. But why take the chance. Sleep less. Listen more. :joy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back