The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
May 31, 2024 at 7:12 PM Post #22,546 of 22,550
I’m enjoying my TC’s with a Danacable Nirvana cable and a Cen.Grand Silver Fox amp. I also had the Niimbus which was nice but the Silver Fox is nicer with my gear. I don’t appreciate any lack of midrange but the sound was good with the Niimbus.It’s just nicer with the Silver Fox. I imagine a tube amp would be glorious but I find tubes a pain in the butt. Just me.

Jun 1, 2024 at 7:44 PM Post #22,548 of 22,550
Jun 2, 2024 at 12:49 AM Post #22,549 of 22,550
I have used these lovely 1266 headphones for 5 hours. Not a single feeling of discomfort, in fact these are far more comfortable than the MDR Z1R Sony headphone.

The reputation of this headphone having comfort issues is what gave me pause for so long. Dang, I should've bought these sooner. It's possibly tied with Meze Empyrean as the most comfortable headphone I've ever used.

Jun 2, 2024 at 3:55 AM Post #22,550 of 22,550
I have used these lovely 1266 headphones for 5 hours. Not a single feeling of discomfort, in fact these are far more comfortable than the MDR Z1R Sony headphone.

The reputation of this headphone having comfort issues is what gave me pause for so long. Dang, I should've bought these sooner. It's possibly tied with Meze Empyrean as the most comfortable headphone I've ever used.
Agree with your sentiments on comfort, with the right head they are super comfortable. Likewise with the right tube amp very much to my taste. The Utopia headphones provide a nice contrast when wanting to hear vocals that are more forward but I find I rarely wish to sacrifice the sheer “clarity” the 1266 offer. It’s that clarity that makes the 1266 my choice over the Susvara I have auditioned, like lifting a veil albeit a very thin one.

A hard to beat sound.

T

Users who are viewing this thread

Back