Audio-Gd R-28 impressions thread
May 30, 2024 at 5:23 PM Post #1,771 of 1,779
To any folks interested, my R-28 NOS is up for sale so I can upgrade to R27 :)sry

To any folks interested, my R-28 NOS is up for sale so I can upgrade to R27 :)
Sry man I live in EU... not worth it. Though I have again a question about the R28, mine arrives tomorrow and I am scared about the gain, with all the power it has, I am scared that I wont be able to adjust the headphone volume properly... My headphone is Arya stealth (32 impedance and 94 sensitivity headphone) any thoughts?

May 30, 2024 at 5:52 PM Post #1,772 of 1,779
Sry man I live in EU... not worth it. Though I have again a question about the R28, mine arrives tomorrow and I am scared about the gain, with all the power it has, I am scared that I wont be able to adjust the headphone volume properly... My headphone is Arya stealth (32 impedance and 94 sensitivity headphone) any thoughts?
I had Meze neo which is more sensitive and lower impedance than yours, had no issue using it on the amp.

May 30, 2024 at 6:12 PM Post #1,773 of 1,779
I had Meze neo which is more sensitive and lower impedance than yours, had no issue using it on the amp.

On mine I’ve listened to everything from sensitive IEMs to hard to drive dynamics to planars like HE1000s and have had zero issues

May 31, 2024 at 1:57 PM Post #1,776 of 1,779
One of the most amazing things to me about audio gd is that there can be such huge amounts of power in a class A amp and be able to use IEMs with super close to zero background hiss on balanced
Thanks. It arrived a few hours ago and I am very happy. Did you notice an effective "burn in" time? Also any sound difference between balanced and single ended headphone out? I've ordered a balanced câble but right now I am single ended

May 31, 2024 at 2:49 PM Post #1,777 of 1,779
Thanks. It arrived a few hours ago and I am very happy. Did you notice an effective "burn in" time? Also any sound difference between balanced and single ended headphone out? I've ordered a balanced câble but right now I am single ended

Yes to both. Absolutely yes to both. It did sound better once broken in. Much better. I just let it run for like 2 weeks straight. The difference between balanced and single ended was not that it was better, just different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back