HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
May 21, 2024 at 9:42 AM Post #11,911 of 11,924
:расслабленный:

Stealth magnets version? Like in my first screenshot? If so, then the 410 grams that you indicated are very close (due to the error of the scales) to the stated 404 grams. It's a pity that I can't find this lighter version on the secondary market. For me, 30 extra grams in later versions can be a decisive factor.
Mine are not a stealth version and that is probably why they are lighter.

May 21, 2024 at 9:49 AM Post #11,912 of 11,924
Mine are not a stealth version and that is probably why they are lighter.
Understood, thanks! So my investigation is ongoing, and the killer has not yet been found:spy:

But most likely, hifiman added the inscription stealth magnet, but forgot to change the weight at the back of the box.

Last edited:
May 21, 2024 at 8:01 PM Post #11,913 of 11,924
May 23, 2024 at 2:59 AM Post #11,914 of 11,924
Some quick questions:
1. Can Hiby R6 Pro II drive Arya Organic? Is it hard to drive?
2. Is Arya Organic suitable for female vocal genre kind of musics? E.g. Lana Del Rey, Lorde..
3. How is Arya Organice compare to HE1000 Stealth? trying to figure out which one is bang for the bucks since both in the same price range.

Thanks.

May 23, 2024 at 3:55 AM Post #11,915 of 11,924
Some quick questions:
1. Can Hiby R6 Pro II drive Arya Organic? Is it hard to drive?
2. Is Arya Organic suitable for female vocal genre kind of musics? E.g. Lana Del Rey, Lorde..
3. How is Arya Organice compare to HE1000 Stealth? trying to figure out which one is bang for the bucks since both in the same price range.

Thanks.
I don't have a Hiby R6 Pro II nor tried driving it on a portable, so I'm not sure, but personally I think it can put out enough sound pressure, though not presenting full potential

2. I think the Arya Organic performs quite well with vocals, both male and female. The vocals exhibit remarkable brightness, detail and are very neutral—not leaning towards warmth or coldness. The thickness is slightly on the thin side imo. Unlike the previous Arya, the Organic doesn't have a pronounced V-shaped tuning, its vocal imaging is much more forward.

3. Well there's way too many to say. Personally, I think the two biggest differences are that the HEK has much higher resolution, and the Stealth version has much better—almost fierce and overwhelming bass. However, the HEK's resolution demands much more to be well fed compared to the Arya.

May 25, 2024 at 11:23 PM Post #11,916 of 11,924
Are the Organics a good complement to ZMF Caldera? Looking for a different flavor under 2k. I also own an E3.

May 27, 2024 at 6:54 PM Post #11,917 of 11,924
Kind fellow Arya owners, I’m still trying to decide whether I need a DAC/amp upgrade for my Arya Organic. Here is the info I have gathered so far for the options within my budget:

Schiit Lyr+:
Pros:
- Some people here say that it is a great match for the Organics.
- More power than I’ll ever need.
- Because of its true hybrid design it can be used with a variety of HPs.

Cons:
- If it’s true that in tube mode it doesn’t sound particularly “tubey” then it seems kinda pointless.
- Worrisome failure rates

Aune S17 pro:
Pros:
- It is reported by many as being the best sounding amp under 1k.
- True Class A and apparently Class A make the Organics really sing.
- Excellent price/performance ratio

Cons:
- Heats up like a radiator, not particularly suitable for the hot summers my country is known for
- Some reports of grainy treble

HFM EF600:
Pros:
- The R2R Dac tames the treble and makes bright HPs such as the Organic easier to listen to.
- Praised for its warm, effortless sound and soundstage.
- DAC/amp/stand combo with excellent I/O along with Bluetooth functionality

Cons:
- Some people say the DAC is held back by a mediocre amp.
- Wonky volume knob and cheap feeling overall.
- Sound is good but nothing to write home about, especially at that price.
- Reports of artifacts and pops with higher sample rates
- No variable preamp and cannot output balanced if balanced input is utilised.

Other options that I haven’t researched in depth:

Schiit Valhalla 2: Despite the fact that true OTL amps aren’t a good match for planars, some people have reported that the Aryas sound good with the Valhalla. More info needed.

Ifi Zen HFM v2 Signature set: Apparently these were designed with Hifiman sets in mind. The warmer sound of the Burr Brown DAC would work well with the Organic but I’m not sure about the amp. Any info on how this set pairs with Aryas would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah I love lists.
I guess the biggest question at the end of the day is, despite the pros/cons, would any of these options provide an actual worthwhile improvement in sound quality for my Organic over my Adi2FS/Magni3+ combo or am I better off spending that budget in other gear?

May 28, 2024 at 5:02 AM Post #11,918 of 11,924
I just saw that the HIFIMAN Arya Stealth is on sale for 849€, seems like a no-brainer for that price. Is there any justification for spending 1499€ on the Arya Organic?

May 28, 2024 at 12:57 PM Post #11,919 of 11,924
Pulled out my V2 Arya's today to try them on a pretty neutral amp. And they sound Great on my Lehmann Audio Linear amp.
Clean and clear. :thumbsup:

May 30, 2024 at 8:29 PM Post #11,920 of 11,924
These V2's are Awesome! I have previously called them unforgiving and that is very true. Not great with noisy music or a tube amp. They were not built for distortion. But when you have clear, well recorded music, they are a Treat. The last three days has consisted of:

My Florence + The Machine playlist is over five hours and I enjoyed every minute.

Then I tried several hours of jazz: Nubya Garcia, Miles Davis, Freddie Hubbard, Herbie Hancock, John Coltrane, Donald Byrd, Keith Jarrett, Trombone Shorty, BADBADNOTGOOD, etc.

And I am finishing up today with several hours of Dave Matthews Band. Everything sounds great.

These really are exceptional headphones with the right amp and mix of music. :L3000:

Jun 2, 2024 at 4:04 AM Post #11,921 of 11,924
Kind fellow Arya owners, I’m still trying to decide whether I need a DAC/amp upgrade for my Arya Organic. Here is the info I have gathered so far for the options within my budget:

Schiit Lyr+:
Pros:
- Some people here say that it is a great match for the Organics.
- More power than I’ll ever need.
- Because of its true hybrid design it can be used with a variety of HPs.

Cons:
- If it’s true that in tube mode it doesn’t sound particularly “tubey” then it seems kinda pointless.
- Worrisome failure rates

Aune S17 pro:
Pros:
- It is reported by many as being the best sounding amp under 1k.
- True Class A and apparently Class A make the Organics really sing.
- Excellent price/performance ratio

Cons:
- Heats up like a radiator, not particularly suitable for the hot summers my country is known for
- Some reports of grainy treble

HFM EF600:
Pros:
- The R2R Dac tames the treble and makes bright HPs such as the Organic easier to listen to.
- Praised for its warm, effortless sound and soundstage.
- DAC/amp/stand combo with excellent I/O along with Bluetooth functionality

Cons:
- Some people say the DAC is held back by a mediocre amp.
- Wonky volume knob and cheap feeling overall.
- Sound is good but nothing to write home about, especially at that price.
- Reports of artifacts and pops with higher sample rates
- No variable preamp and cannot output balanced if balanced input is utilised.

Other options that I haven’t researched in depth:

Schiit Valhalla 2: Despite the fact that true OTL amps aren’t a good match for planars, some people have reported that the Aryas sound good with the Valhalla. More info needed.

Ifi Zen HFM v2 Signature set: Apparently these were designed with Hifiman sets in mind. The warmer sound of the Burr Brown DAC would work well with the Organic but I’m not sure about the amp. Any info on how this set pairs with Aryas would be greatly appreciated.

Yeah I love lists.
I guess the biggest question at the end of the day is, despite the pros/cons, would any of these options provide an actual worthwhile improvement in sound quality for my Organic over my Adi2FS/Magni3+ combo or am I better off spending that budget in other gear?
I own a set of ifi zen can 6xx signature and zen one signature that pairs nicely with the Arya SE among the rest of my headphones. I have never used the 6xx eq options since I enjoy more the 6xx and all other headphones without engaging the eq options.
So I am not sure if the HFM version will bring any significant changes or if it is just a gimmick.

I think that now there is a "standard" version of the zen can signature for generic use with no headphone specific eq.

If you are going that route and you need more than a USB input on the dac the zen one is probably a more versatile option with some quirks.

Jun 4, 2024 at 6:24 PM Post #11,922 of 11,924
Just received my organics today, very blown away by the sound! Just wondering did anyone else receive a pair with crushed ear pads in the box? The top part of the earpads are compressed so the pad is constantly rubbing against the frame.

Jun 6, 2024 at 8:07 AM Post #11,923 of 11,924
I own HD800S which I use for acoustic music, some rock and similar, but I need something for EDM. Which would be better choice HE1000 Stealth or Arya organic? If someone has Organics and 1000 stealth or heard those..

Jun 10, 2024 at 11:01 AM Post #11,924 of 11,924
Any recommendations for pads for the Arya v2? Preferably one that doesn't change the sound.

Mines battered up, replaced it with some cheap ones and the sound is completely off.
20240610_212615.jpg
20240610_212600.jpg

I'd get the serenity pads, but the pricing is insane. $51 to ship to where I live. That's $131 for a pair of pads... I'll probably still get it as a last resort. Wanted to check in here to see if anyone have any third-party pad recommendations first.

For now, I'm peeling off all the leather, and air drying it (the inside is moist from sweat...) with a fan to hopefully re-use them Lol. Not using detergent to clean it, not sure if that'll damage the pad somehow.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back