HiFiMan Susvara
May 31, 2024 at 10:31 AM Post #25,981 of 25,990
I don't know about that.
Neither aesthetically nor internally I find Viva Amps particularly appealing.

Sound wise they are fine though
The stark contrast between Viva internals and their reported sound intrigues me a lot

May 31, 2024 at 10:32 AM Post #25,982 of 25,990
I don't know about that.
Neither aesthetically nor internally I find Viva Amps particularly appealing.

Sound wise they are fine though
I personally love Italian design.

I think tube amps in general are more striking and interesting design wise.

May 31, 2024 at 11:23 AM Post #25,984 of 25,990
One of if not the best amplifier designs in the industry 😍

I had a chance to listen to the Viva 845 at Canjam with the Susvara and it was a magical experience to say the least.
Lol :gs1000smile: ...... I don't think so !

May 31, 2024 at 11:43 AM Post #25,985 of 25,990
One of if not the best amplifier designs in the industry 😍

I had a chance to listen to the Viva 845 at Canjam with the Susvara and it was a magical experience to say the least.
That’s why I got one. I wouldn’t trade it for anything else, love it. But you’ll still get haters out there😁.

May 31, 2024 at 2:04 PM Post #25,986 of 25,990
That’s why I got one. I wouldn’t trade it for anything else,
Mines still my favorite amp with the Elrog 845's, and I've heard a lot of the "competitors".
My only knock on it really is the noise floor is audible on the Utopia, but it's hardly alone in that regard. I think my Studio T is the only tube amp I have where that isn't true.

May 31, 2024 at 2:35 PM Post #25,987 of 25,990
Mines still my favorite amp with the Elrog 845's, and I've heard a lot of the "competitors".
My only knock on it really is the noise floor is audible on the Utopia, but it's hardly alone in that regard. I think my Studio T is the only tube amp I have where that isn't true.
I still have the original Psvane my solista came with 4 of them. I was thinking of getting rhe Elrog 845s my self. Would you recommend them over the Psvane or you haven’t heard them? Also did you get your Elrogs from Thomas in Germany?

May 31, 2024 at 2:49 PM Post #25,988 of 25,990
I still have the original Psvane my solista came with 4 of them. I was thinking of getting rhe Elrog 845s my self. Would you recommend them over the Psvane or you haven’t heard them? Also did you get your Elrogs from Thomas in Germany?
My Egoista 845 came with Shugangs, and I thought the Elrogs were a significant upgrade.
Yes I ordered directly form Thomas, the process is painless, send him an email, get a quote, pay, mine shipped about a week later, arrived a few days after that, in a relatively enormous box full of padding. There are/were no approved US resellers, so you pretty much have to order from him.

Last edited:
May 31, 2024 at 2:57 PM Post #25,989 of 25,990
My Egoista 845 came with Shugangs, and I thought they Elrogs were a significant upgrade.
Yes I ordered directly form Thomas, the process is painless, send him an email, get a quote, pay, mine shipped about a week later, arrived a few days after that, in a relatively enormous box full of padding. There are/were no approved US resellers, so you pretty much have to order from him.
Excellent! Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I think I will order from him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back