Monoprice Monolith M565C closed planar headphones impressions thread
May 16, 2024 at 6:03 AM Post #106 of 106
iBasso DC-Elite really does elevate the M565C's (4.4mm-balanced out) ....shows their technical limits finally for my ears..raises treble and mid-bass at least closer to balanced vs mid-centric..all that remains would be that nudge up a bit more in the subs...subs are teased out a times but not fully there.

The DC-Elite imaging and layering/placement really move into high-end DAP territory ability...that last 5%...so they M565'c can scale to a degree more than I imagined.

The DC-Elite is like a mini Hugo2..better than Mojo2 and equals the Hugo2 in some respects !

There is a narrow volume window with it however - before the power starts to skew into hot treble with no plug-ins/EQ.
It has trimmed down internal tech from their $3500 DAP !

Using AUDEZE Reveal plug-in and so far LCD-4/X presets really sounds great with M565C and wet dial set at around 72-75%..........
Will rotate all the presets till I get one that sounds great with Elite/M565C..LCD-4/X preset may not be last word as they are tailored to even out the FR of those cans obviously.

Reveal presets alleviating the slight drawback skew to brightness as you ramp the volume louder with DC-Elite - it does make the imaging more diffuse - but at times I think DC-ELITE has better aspects than HUGO2 with no fliters in its volume sweetspot...(!)

Bottom line : Great combo for budget end-game sub-1k planar transportable set...

Update : Am using an Anker Power Bank, 533 Power Bank (PowerCore 30W) battery with Ibasso official Y-splitter cable as well to power the DC-Elite/M565Cs....shows 36 hours of power available at medium/loud volume.
There may be an issue with UAPP and the DC-Elite cutting out after a couple of minutes..it may be my phone power economy settings not recognising the dongle or an issue within UAPP itself...had that with cheaper dongle DACs way back.

-0) iBasso DC-Elite.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back