The PENON official thread
May 31, 2024 at 10:47 AM Post #13,951 of 13,961
Got my Penon OCC849 in yesterday, along with some liqueur tips…. Haven’t really used the new tips yet; kinda weirded out by how dirty they get just existing haha.
IMG_7901.jpeg

The OCC849 though, what a cable! Substantial, thick with some weight, this one is not for the loose fitting IEMs, especially since it is missing the ear hooks. I have big ol ears so it’s not a big deal, but I can imagine the weight being bothersome for some.

It looks and feels SO much nicer than xinhs/ivipq/NiceHCK stuff. I have tried cable ranges of all kinds from there, even more expensive than this one (Dragonscale) and it’s really just no contest; this Penon cable is better than every one. Better braiding, nicer color, thick wires.

I’ve never been a fan of copper colored cables, but this one looks nice. The accessories and connections/terminations have a nice carbon fiber and silver finish.

My only complaint is the chin slider… it’s simply too tight and I noticed some friction roughness on the cables. I won’t be moving it anymore.

Sound wise, I have only done one A/B test with the Szalayi and its stock cable. There is a bit more mid bass weight; that’s about all I can say so far. Not as much bass presence as the Seraphina brings, but it’s nice on the Szalayi where there is a lot of sub bass to add a bit more slam to balance it out. I’ll do more testing when I’m not so lazy!

This cable is an easy recommendation, ESPECIALLY if you take advantage of the VIP offers. I am regretting missing their others now… the fact that cables like this can be obtained for just a tiny bit more than the AliExpress sales… wild!!

May 31, 2024 at 2:26 PM Post #13,954 of 13,961
I had a miscommunication with penon, that was my fault, my voltage won't arrive until end of next week the earliest, but probably the week after. Let's hear more comparisons!

May 31, 2024 at 2:36 PM Post #13,955 of 13,961
I had a miscommunication with penon, that was my fault, my voltage won't arrive until end of next week the earliest, but probably the week after. Let's hear more comparisons!
You didn't have the tracking info? My Voltage is already in LA, hopefully will receive it this weekend

May 31, 2024 at 2:49 PM Post #13,956 of 13,961
You didn't have the tracking info? My Voltage is already in LA, hopefully will receive it this weekend

Yeah I did. Even though the tracking was assigned to my voltage order it was just my replacement Quattro cable because mine was defective. I started the miscommunication because I initially asked them to cancel my order and then change my mind but it was too late I guess. But I had no idea until yesterday. The replacement cable came today.

May 31, 2024 at 9:58 PM Post #13,957 of 13,961
It's been 3 days since it arrived at my local carrier at my location, don't know why they will start to deliver.

Jun 1, 2024 at 12:53 AM Post #13,958 of 13,961
Finally, my Voltage arrived. I took it out with me for a 2-hour listening session with Liqueur tips, and the first minute I put them on I know it sounds really good.

It's long before Voltage been fully burn-in, and it is also too short and too soon for me to write any initial impression. However, I really love how Voltage sounds, and during the two-hour session I am listening to a random mix of my local library from WM1AM2, there is only one word that is screaming to me, and that word is "TOTL".

So my friend, Penon Voltage at the current price is absolute a steal, and you will be a fool not to jump on it with that price.

Jun 1, 2024 at 1:53 AM Post #13,959 of 13,961
Finally, my Voltage arrived. I took it out with me for a 2-hour listening session with Liqueur tips, and the first minute I put them on I know it sounds really good.

It's long before Voltage been fully burn-in, and it is also too short and too soon for me to write any initial impression. However, I really love how Voltage sounds, and during the two-hour session I am listening to a random mix of my local library from WM1AM2, there is only one word that is screaming to me, and that word is "TOTL".

So my friend, Penon Voltage at the current price is absolute a steal, and you will be a fool not to jump on it with that price.
Yep, you're right!

Jun 1, 2024 at 2:57 AM Post #13,960 of 13,961
All this Voltage talk have me electrified about getting one, my friend is getting one and I'm able to demo it before I order.
Only concern I have is that it might be leaner than my preference, but its also nice to have sets that are not as warm.

How is the ergonomics versus something like Penon 10th? Had some issues with the stubby short nozzle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back