Audeze LCD-4
May 28, 2024 at 6:57 AM Post #12,031 of 12,039
Bummer, I think you would have liked their tuning.
Yeah its annoying, I will keep a lookout for any used pairs.

There's a few MX4's that are on offer but I am not interested in a slightly upgraded LCD X.

Last edited:
May 31, 2024 at 6:56 AM Post #12,032 of 12,039
Hello everyone,

I have a question about buying a used LCD4 (originally bought from an official dealer). The warranty runs out in August 2025.

As the headphone is discontinued in case the driver fails after warranty am I left with a paperweight or will Audeze be able to swap or repair the drivers for me?

I have no problem paying for a repair but I just want to know that a repair is possible.

If anybody has asked @Audeze this question before I would appreciate some insight!

Thanks!

Thomas

May 31, 2024 at 7:00 AM Post #12,033 of 12,039
Hello everyone,

I have a question about buying a used LCD4 (originally bought from an official dealer). The warranty runs out in August 2025.

As the headphone is discontinued in case the driver fails after warranty am I left with a paperweight or will Audeze be able to swap or repair the drivers for me?

I have no problem paying for a repair but I just want to know that a repair is possible.

If anybody has asked @Audeze this question before I would appreciate some insight!

Thanks!

Thomas
Yes Audeze will replace the drivers if they are still in warranty or they will charge you £1200 if out of warranty.

Whilst Audeze stopped making the LCD 4, they are still producing the replacement drivers.

May 31, 2024 at 8:09 AM Post #12,035 of 12,039
Have anyone compared Meze Empyrean and LCD-4 together?

May 31, 2024 at 8:28 AM Post #12,036 of 12,039
Have anyone compared Meze Empyrean and LCD-4 together?
Yes I had both at the same time before selling the Empyrean.

Empyrean has a larger soundstage and a more boomy mid bass but its not in the same league in with the LCD 4 when it comes to technical performance. Even the Elite is far behind the LCD 4 in this regard. Instrumental timbre is also a lot better on the LCD 4.

May 31, 2024 at 11:23 AM Post #12,037 of 12,039
The price is disgusting. Major thumbs down to Audeze. They were the first to start the trend of grossly inflated flagships, now they're reinforcing their tradition.

I hope the suspension headband gets used on the rest of their LCD line now. I might actually consider a 2 or X with the new suspension band.

May 31, 2024 at 8:56 PM Post #12,039 of 12,039
I had both at the same time. The LCD4 is more detailed and its bass is more defined. I didn’t care for the Empyrean as it’s mid bass was to bloated for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back