DITA Audio Project M Discussion Thread
May 18, 2024 at 8:47 PM Post #106 of 116
Ugh. Sorry to hear that. Report like this gives me jitters.

I just tested the unit again this morning before going to the dealer (to really make sure) - the issue is gone! It's all working again! :sweat_smile:

Will let them run for the whole day doing intermittent checks to see if the issue occurs again.

May 22, 2024 at 6:47 PM Post #108 of 116
Ugh. Sorry to hear that. Report like this gives me jitters.

I must concur with previous post that identified Final tips as best match with DPM. I tried a variety of alternative tips with wider apertures. They tended to increase the width of the sound field but at expense of definition.

I’ve been very pleased with this iem. Fit is easy. Cable is just right. I rather expected it to be bass-lite but it’s not whatsoever. Treble reaches high registers. And it’s an all-around smooth and detailed listen. Timbre is very natural or realistic.
Falling asleep this morning to a jazz trumpet piano duo album, trumpet suddenly came in after lengthy lulling piano portion and I shot up wide awake convinced the trumpet sound originated from the open bedroom windows.
I liked a lot PM, and lately we have great iems under 500$
Did you compare it with DX II ?

May 22, 2024 at 7:09 PM Post #109 of 116
I liked a lot PM, and lately we have great iems under 500$
Did you compare it with DX II ?
Not intentionally I haven’t.
But I know dx2 well enough, at least with my Shanling M6U, to understand there not very similar.
The dx2 has the classic Noble W signature which I love.
Dita PM may be a W of sorts, I don’t know, but if it is, it’s definitely not a Noble version of such.
Dx2 is quite forward-sounding and vibrant. PM is lighter, gentler or airier, and PM treble reaches higher. I’d also say PM mids are less forward, dx2 bass is perhaps more tactile.
The differences between the two make it so there’s plenty of room for them to coexist in my small collection. Cheers

May 22, 2024 at 7:26 PM Post #110 of 116
Not intentionally I haven’t.
But I know dx2 well enough, at least with my Shanling M6U, to understand there not very similar.
The dx2 has the classic Noble W signature which I love.
Dita PM may be a W of sorts, I don’t know, but if it is, it’s definitely not a Noble version of such.
Dx2 is quite forward-sounding and vibrant. PM is lighter, gentler or airier, and PM treble reaches higher. I’d also say PM mids are less forward, dx2 bass is perhaps more tactile.
The differences between the two make it so there’s plenty of room for them to coexist in my small collection. Cheers
Thanks a lot for your helpful comparison, from what I read maybe Stage 3 would be the Noble for me.
Ragnar and Spartacus didn’t click on me, and I liked Fokus Mystique.

May 22, 2024 at 10:07 PM Post #111 of 116
Thanks a lot for your helpful comparison, from what I read maybe Stage 3 would be the Noble for me.
Ragnar and Spartacus didn’t click on me, and I liked Fokus Mystique.
Oh and I think PM may also have wider stage, better separation.

Sultan is my favorite Noble but was too expensive for me to keep. I’ve owned five Nobles.

Seems like the more revealing an iem is, the more expensive, and the more I’m able to narrowly nitpick segments of freq response I don’t like. There’s a sweet spot, for me, usually in the PM price range, between details, dynamics and satisfaction.
Stage 3 looks tempting! Let me know if you get it.

May 27, 2024 at 2:30 PM Post #112 of 116
IMG_4957.jpeg

Folks who could use more bass from Project M, try switching out the cable.

I recently swopped in the NiceHCK AceOrpheus on a hunch and was surprised how deep and textured the sub bass could go.

It has to be said, AceOrpheus has its fans and I’m not usually one of them because its highs are generally too sleepy for my tastes. But it didn’t turn out to be much of an impediment for Project M, which is fairly well provided for in that department.

It’s also a chonky one and requires an adapter to use 0.78mm pins safely with the QDC-style connectors (although I suppose one could cheat and hope for the best - it’s just a little tight) but it’s well worth mentioning how well Project M responded to a spot of cable rolling.
Agree that Project M responds very well to cable rolling. I tried it with the fusion 1 for fun and the notes sounded fuller bodied and the sound stage expanded too. Now I'm curious what else would make a good pairing! The fusion 1 is going back on the anni so I'm looking for a upgrade cable for the DPM. All suggestions are welcome.

May 28, 2024 at 7:26 AM Post #114 of 116
Dita Project M with Moondrop Free DSP USB-C cable sounds damn good too!
IMG_20240523_213930.jpg

May 30, 2024 at 8:41 AM Post #116 of 116
Spinfit Omni tips sounding to me like a worthy match for PM. Deep insertion, and a wider aperture than Final tips. Experimenting with the sound
I second this! Omni was my favorite pairing with Project M.

Bloom Audio Headphones and Personal Audio with Pitch Perfect Service. Stay updated on Bloom Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/BloomAudioStore https://twitter.com/BloomAudioStore https://www.instagram.com/BloomAudioStore https://bloomaudio.com hello@bloomaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back