DIY Ground Box Thread
Jun 1, 2024 at 6:38 PM Post #1,756 of 1,761
I wasn't clear, what I wanted to emphasize is that solderless sounds better. I used these connectors per cdcosta' recommendation.
The problem with cramping is: With time the connection is getting worse, a solution would be to solder the tightly cramped connection with HQ solder.
I don't like variables in my stereo.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2024 at 10:26 PM Post #1,757 of 1,761
The problem with cramping is: With time the connection is getting worse, a solution would be to solder the tightly cramped connection with HQ solder.
I don't like variables in my stereo.
Tiny, tiny drop of loctite toward the top threads of the bolt. Or better yet just use adhesive heat shrink and lock the cable to the connector. The cable connection will not loosen. Trust me, no solder performs better than any high quality solder. I have tried many solders like WBT, Cardas Quad Eutectic, Mundorf Supreme using a soldering station. With high end low mass RCA connectors, which are pure copper and pure silver. The recommended solderless way is better. Even better performance is using Furutech Nano Liquid during assembly.

Jun 1, 2024 at 10:33 PM Post #1,758 of 1,761
Took out the Prehnite and put more graphite into the mix, sounds as if the difference got bigger. w/o GB it sounds somewhat colored...
When I pull out the cable the openness falls apart.
Wait until you listen with a well built/designed cable. And proper footers. More tuning with the right minerals will further enhance performance. My ground box Enhancement wraps again will push performance even further. Several members that follow this thread have done exactly what I recommend. Maybe they can share the difference. Deviating from my recipe gives weird to lower performance results.

Jun 2, 2024 at 4:55 AM Post #1,759 of 1,761
Tiny, tiny drop of loctite toward the top threads of the bolt. Or better yet just use adhesive heat shrink and lock the cable to the connector. The cable connection will not loosen. Trust me, no solder performs better than any high quality solder. I have tried many solders like WBT, Cardas Quad Eutectic, Mundorf Supreme using a soldering station. With high end low mass RCA connectors, which are pure copper and pure silver. The recommended solderless way is better. Even better performance is using Furutech Nano Liquid during assembly.
You are right! I'm know that even the best solder degrades a direct connection. Problem is the direct connection will degrade with time no matter what you do and that much much faster than a solder connection. It is better not to use Loctite but clean the parts 2x a year at least.
What about ProGold liquid?

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2024 at 4:56 AM Post #1,760 of 1,761
Wait until you listen with a well built/designed cable. And proper footers. More tuning with the right minerals will further enhance performance. My ground box Enhancement wraps again will push performance even further. Several members that follow this thread have done exactly what I recommend. Maybe they can share the difference. Deviating from my recipe gives weird to lower performance results.
What is the latest best recipe?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back