HISENIOR AUDIO Discussion Thread
Jun 1, 2024 at 9:24 PM Post #196 of 198
The sancai were my last set of tips I tried, and while they did subdue the subbass a bit, the midbass went completely flat.

I've been A/B these with the DaVinci, and those are suppose to be more bassier than the mega5est, and even with final e tips on the davinci, the subbass was more overpowering on the mega5est.

Perhaps the iems aren't suited as much to my library.
Would love to hear your further impressions of the Mega5est vs Davinci - two sets I’ve got my eye on.

Jun 2, 2024 at 12:39 AM Post #197 of 198
So, I've spend some significant time with the Mega 5EST ... The bass., it simply becomes too dominant for music that has a good amount of bass in it. uite fast, to my ears.

So, any tips to reduce this,
I found the Spinfit W1 tips to lack in bass replay ... that might work for you. And of course Moondrop Spring tips.

Jun 2, 2024 at 2:15 AM Post #198 of 198
What if you try temporarily blocking the port on the back of the iem?
Could try that, what is the best way to do so? Blue tack?

I'm still waiting for my Mega5est. Surprised to see the comments about the bass. I assumed from the graph that it would be clean in the bass.

But think about it, it makes sense that with the low/delayed pinna gain and gentle treble (graphically speaking) the bass would sound more prominent.

I would suggest tips like the wide bore tangzu sencai. The thin and texture silicone makes for a flatter bass response to my ears compared to better sealing tips like the Fun S&S or divinus velvet.
Don't let it take away your excitement :)
I'm thinking I'm just more into the leaner type of sound. My main headphones are also not bass heavy, so it might just be that I enjoy that sound signature more.
With a bit of bass removed from the Mega 5EST, I think they sound quite good. Haven't been able to focus a lot on the rest of their performance yet, but from the little I have, they are very promising :)
I'm currently using the Clarion TRI tips, with a bore of 4,5-5,5mm.

I found the Spinfit W1 tips to lack in bass replay ... that might work for you. And of course Moondrop Spring tips.
Great suggestion, I actually have a set of Spring tips, from another Moondrop set. Will give that a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back