iBasso DX180 Got your music? Enjoy the concert! Released and ready to play.
Jun 2, 2024 at 12:44 AM Post #151 of 155
Well-Delivered today :ksc75smile: --and I can happily report that this is a VERY nice unit--I have the Ibasso dx 300 with EVERY available amp for it and wanted a more portable unit because I really enjoy the ibasso "audio experience"--first rate in my opinion. the unit is lightweight and comfortable in hand---sound is VERY nice upon first listen--obviously need some more time with it but so far I am very happy! Great sound quality--lively, engaging--musical , resolving and detailed- I am impressed so far---😋
Is there a big gap beetween DX300 and DX180 in sound signature/quality?

Jun 2, 2024 at 7:13 AM Post #153 of 155
i bet the ui is still broken
How is the UI "broken" on this brand new device?

Edit: I assume you are going back to the issue you had on the DX170 with the status bar display in some apps? The one that nobody else reported as a problem? Apparently you just don't like iBasso devices.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2024 at 7:49 AM Post #154 of 155
Talking of UI, can someone please share some pics of the “new” iBasso UI ? Previously iBasso DAPs had no special UI features to talk about, it was just plain Android and Apkpure. However the new DAP is said to have Google Apps and a brand new UI with Android 13 which I’m really curious about.

Mainly I’m interested to see if the UI experience is as good as Hiby or Sony for example.

Jun 2, 2024 at 8:31 AM Post #155 of 155
Is there a big gap beetween DX300 and DX180 in sound signature/quality?
I have not had the time to check that closely yet.....the dx 300 has 5 separate amp units also--so the sound can be "adjusted"- the tube amplifier amp 14 is really nice.
I would just say that the dx 300 is better as it is a lot more expensive and versatile but it is very large and not really portable---kind of awkward to be mobile -excellent unit and really nice to have a player that can give you so many options. I will check to see what kind of 'drop off" in quality there is--but I really did not notice any thing that jumped out at me upon first listening----

Users who are viewing this thread

Back