The Official 64 Audio Thread | apex & tia Technologies
May 28, 2024 at 4:57 PM Post #23,671 of 23,682
Thing I don’t get what the rest of the companies are doing, I tried all of the other brands, like fiio, ibass, shanling, even their flagships, all of them have a weird sound to them. To much bass emphasis, or to dark muffled sounding etc…

Astell and kern, or a hugo2, chord mojo2 that kind of brands are the only small form factor I would call clean musical
Have you tried the AK HB1? I've been considering it to use a BT dac/amp to use with my phone and curious what your thoughts on that is.

May 28, 2024 at 5:04 PM Post #23,672 of 23,682
Have you tried the AK HB1? I've been considering it to use a BT dac/amp to use with my phone and curious what your thoughts on that is.
Don’t have experience with that one, but knowing astell, they always focus on stage, clarity, musicality. They know what they are doing (they already working in portable when they were called Iriver as a brand)

May 28, 2024 at 7:09 PM Post #23,673 of 23,682
My precious Fourte have gone for repair. The right shell cover has come off. I think probably from falling asleep on that side and the heat loosened the glue. They were due for a deep clean as well. More ear time for the Blanc.

May 29, 2024 at 4:56 PM Post #23,674 of 23,682
I recently got the Volur and with having heard a decent number of iems (some called the best) in my short hifi journey of about 6 years, I found these to be the ones my ears always and ever craved for. A perfect balance of emotions and technicalities for my liking. Thanks to 64 for developing something that sounds so beautiful.

I've always believed in my personal experience that cables don't change an iem's signature but alter the presentation ever so slightly that it matters a lot to an occasional critical listener and I love my pure silver cable for that. I need some help with fellow members and veterans who can make me understand the science below for the same.

Given the volur's impedance of 6.3 ohms, a good friend suggested to use a source which has an impedance of less than 1 ohm, since a higher impedance source won't be an ideal match. I pair my volur with A&K SP3000 and what my amateur ears notice is that while the volur sounds stunning and very much in it's comfort zone in single ended, it sounds kinda overworked or too much driven (if it makes any sense) on the balanced output (2.5mm). Which i never felt on something like noble kk, sultan or u12t. I use EA Thor Silver II Plus 8 wire config pure silver cable.

The A&K SP3000 have a 0.7ohms output impedance rating on single ended and 1.7ohms output impedance rating on balanced 2.5mm.

If someone can please help me in understanding this, it would be of immense help. Also, please pardon my ignorance if, what I've written doesn't define something correctly or makes no sense 🙏 I have no knowledge on pairings based on scientific data or numbers. Many thanks.

May 29, 2024 at 5:01 PM Post #23,675 of 23,682
I recently got the Volur and with having heard a decent number of iems (some called the best) in my short hifi journey of about 6 years, I found these to be the ones my ears always and ever craved for. A perfect balance of emotions and technicalities for my liking. Thanks to 64 for developing something that sounds so beautiful.

I've always believed in my personal experience that cables don't change an iem's signature but alter the presentation ever so slightly that it matters a lot to an occasional critical listener and I love my pure silver cable for that. I need some help with fellow members and veterans who can make me understand the science below for the same.

Given the volur's impedance of 6.3 ohms, a good friend suggested to use a source which has an impedance of less than 1 ohm, since a higher impedance source won't be an ideal match. I pair my volur with A&K SP3000 and what my amateur ears notice is that while the volur sounds stunning and very much in it's comfort zone in single ended, it sounds kinda overworked or too much driven (if it makes any sense) on the balanced output (2.5mm). Which i never felt on something like noble kk, sultan or u12t. I use EA Thor Silver II Plus 8 wire config pure silver cable.

The A&K SP3000 have a 0.7ohms output impedance rating on single ended and 1.7ohms output impedance rating on balanced 2.5mm.

If someone can please help me in understanding this, it would be of immense help. Also, please pardon my ignorance if, what I've written doesn't define something correctly or makes no sense 🙏 I have no knowledge on pairings based on scientific data or numbers. Many thanks.

Volur has LID technology. The OI of your source shouldn’t make a difference.

May 30, 2024 at 3:02 AM Post #23,676 of 23,682

What is the bass like on the Volur? I read it has more than the u12t.

I remembered, I already thought the u12t was with the m15 almost to bassy for my taste. Maybe I even would have bought a m12 to calm it down.

I thought the U12t was doable with the astell and kern, because it is more Neutral Dap

Just curious, because I read a few times, you really need to like bass with the Volur

The reason I liked the fir audio M4 more than the M5 (M4, less bass)

Last edited:
May 30, 2024 at 1:03 PM Post #23,677 of 23,682
U12t was the most amount of time I've spent with an iem before owning Noble Sultan and Kublai Khan. Owned it twice and for what it did, I couldn't come across any that matches it in those regards yet. Coming to the bass of the u12t compared to volur, the former has what I would call as an "aggregate bass response" to my ears. Not as finely textured and defined into sub and mid bass as compared to the volur in my humble opinion. The volur doesn't separate these frequencies but just presents them together with utmost finesse and that amazing texture, that you can notice the two playing in harmony if you want to.

I would highly recommend auditioning the two alongside if you can, to judge the quality and quantity of bass as the staging on volur presents the bass differently when compared to u12t and can help you form your own opinion even if it is said that the volur is bassy. The beauty of volur is how it presents the entire frequency spectrum for my taste. The bass never takes away anything from the mids or highs.

I would also like to share my experience on choosing the volur. I went to audition u12t (again for comparison's sake), fourte and volur. I had pre-set my mind on upgrading to the fourte since the reviews and discussions had highly peaked my interest. Heard all of them with the stock cables and the same eartips for a couple of hours. U12t sounded most precise and can become sort of boring if you crave emotions in music. Fourte had amazing low end and high frequency response with super clear details but the mids just weren't there for me. The volur stunningly surprised me by sitting right between the u12t and fourte to my ears.

M15 is perfect for my liking. M12 makes the presentation very linear I felt, so that might be what you want. One piece of information I'd like to add is that my EA Thor Silver II Plus 8 wire cable makes the bass rumble and I mean a lot, compared to stock cable. Tip rolling is another area where the volur significantly responds.

Last edited:
May 30, 2024 at 7:41 PM Post #23,678 of 23,682
U12t was the most amount of time I've spent with an iem before owning Noble Sultan and Kublai Khan. Owned it twice and for what it did, I couldn't come across any that matches it in those regards yet. Coming to the bass of the u12t compared to volur, the former has what I would call as an "aggregate bass response" to my ears. Not as finely textured and defined into sub and mid bass as compared to the volur in my humble opinion. The volur doesn't separate these frequencies but just presents them together with utmost finesse and that amazing texture, that you can notice the two playing in harmony if you want to.

I would highly recommend auditioning the two alongside if you can, to judge the quality and quantity of bass as the staging on volur presents the bass differently when compared to u12t and can help you form your own opinion even if it is said that the volur is bassy. The beauty of volur is how it presents the entire frequency spectrum for my taste. The bass never takes away anything from the mids or highs.

I would also like to share my experience on choosing the volur. I went to audition u12t (again for comparison's sake), fourte and volur. I had pre-set my mind on upgrading to the fourte since the reviews and discussions had highly peaked my interest. Heard all of them with the stock cables and the same eartips for a couple of hours. U12t sounded most precise and can become sort of boring if you crave emotions in music. Fourte had amazing low end and high frequency response with super clear details but the mids just weren't there for me. The volur stunningly surprised me by sitting right between the u12t and fourte to my ears.

M15 is perfect for my liking. M12 makes the presentation very linear I felt, so that might be what you want. One piece of information I'd like to add is that my EA Thor Silver II Plus 8 wire cable makes the bass rumble and I mean a lot, compared to stock cable. Tip rolling is another area where the volur significantly responds.

Glad to hear your impressions. As I haven't heard those other 2 IEM's, it's interesting. My impressions of the U12T from lots of reading on here, and having the Volur, your thoughts match my visualization of that comparison.

I have yet to hear a set that sound as magical as the Volur at so many kinds of music. They also excel from lots of different sources, from the warmer RU7 and warm-leaning Go Blu, to the more spacious, neutral and technical DC-Elite, which is what I am listening to them with now. On Spotify radio trying to find new tracks to save from various song radio stations.

May 31, 2024 at 2:54 AM Post #23,679 of 23,682
Totally agree with you. I haven't enjoyed such wide genres of music with any iem as much as I have with volur. These truly are magical. And yes, I have experienced that they also match very well with a wide variety of sources by also kind of displaying the source's strengths itself without losing its own character. I owned the mojo 2 before sp3000 and the volur were too good with it except my tastes didn't match with the mojo 2's staging and layering. The sp3000 and volur are unbelievably good.

Last edited:
May 31, 2024 at 3:45 AM Post #23,680 of 23,682
Totally agree with you. I haven't enjoyed such wide genres of music with any iem as much as I have with volur. These truly are magical. And yes, I have experienced that they also match very well with a wide variety of sources by also kind of displaying the source's strengths itself without losing its own character. It may sound confusing but that's the magic I experienced. I owned the mojo 2 before sp3000 and the volur were too good with it except my tastes didn't match with the mojo 2's staging and layering. The sp3000 and volur are unbelievably good.
I agree with all these recent posts about how addictive and enjoyable the Volur is. I have the A&K SE300 Titan and the sound is just so good! I have no intention of looking for any other IEMs anytime soon thanks to how good these are....

Jun 1, 2024 at 11:22 PM Post #23,682 of 23,682
What is the bass like on the Volur? I read it has more than the u12t.

I remembered, I already thought the u12t was with the m15 almost to bassy for my taste. Maybe I even would have bought a m12 to calm it down.

I thought the U12t was doable with the astell and kern, because it is more Neutral Dap

Just curious, because I read a few times, you really need to like bass with the Volur

The reason I liked the fir audio M4 more than the M5 (M4, less bass)
Volur's bass is just amazing. I am not a basshead by any means and care for treble quality and soundstage much more, but even I am blown away by its quality.
The quantity can be managed via the modules (you may like m12 and mx), but the quality - resolution, extension, etc. etc. is just fantastic.

Also, the bass remains surprisingly neutral and controlled when the song doesn't demand it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back