Shanling M6 Ultra - 4x AKM AK4493S DAC, Snapdragon 665, Android 10 DAP
May 21, 2024 at 8:15 PM Post #886 of 895
I see that you will be bringing your usual (from looking at your previous thread messages) warm, collaborative, open-minded approach to the views of others that you bring to the FiioM23 (and numerous other threads) to discussions about the M6U. Perhaps you should also inquire on the M3U thread in a similar fashion...
maybe it would be better if you watched yourself and not me. I'm not interested in the opinions of people who can't hear differences between sources or who give opinions about audio gears they've never heard. Anyway, I don't know why you want to talk to me about the m6u at all costs, when you've never heard it. You are here to find friends ? That's an other topic, but if you need links, i can Google that for you...Hello

Last edited:
May 22, 2024 at 4:47 AM Post #887 of 895
hello, no one has encountered such a problem, it happened for the first time on the m3 ultra, now the same problem is on the m6 ultra. Periodically, the song will pause for less than a second and continue playing. I checked with other micro SD, checked the files, they are not broken. I tried other music players fiio music, neutron, same thing there. I couldn't find the reason for this. The firmware on both devices is latest.

Can you please try to turn off Wi-Fi and test it again, if it repeats?

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
May 22, 2024 at 8:33 AM Post #888 of 895
maybe it would be better if you watched yourself and not me. I'm not interested in the opinions of people who can't hear differences between sources or who give opinions about audio gears they've never heard. Anyway, I don't know why you want to talk to me about the m6u at all costs, when you've never heard it. You are here to find friends ? That's an other topic, but if you need links, i can Google that for you...Hello
Actually, I own the Fiio BTR7, Fiio KA5, Fiio Q3, Shanling M3 Ultra, Shanling M6 Ultra, and the Fiio M11 Plus ESS (not to mention a dozen or so IEM's and headphones) so I can speak to them - if there was an intelligent question about them rather than someone who wants to argue...:deadhorse:

May 22, 2024 at 8:37 AM Post #889 of 895
Actually, I own the Fiio BTR7, Fiio KA5, Fiio Q3, Shanling M3 Ultra, Shanling M6 Ultra, and the Fiio M11 Plus ESS (not to mention a dozen or so IEM's and headphones) so I can speak to them - if there was an intelligent question about them rather than someone who wants to argue...:deadhorse:
What about the bass slam, bass speed and texture of the M6 Ultra ?

May 22, 2024 at 1:23 PM Post #891 of 895
What about the bass slam, bass speed and texture of the M6 Ultra ?
While I am not usually a heavy bass afficianado, I made an attempt to evaluate the M6U for:
  • Bass Slam - Short powerful bass as in a drum kick
  • Bass Speed - as in attack and decay
  • Bass Texture - the overall sound created multiple instruments (in this case focusing on bass)
I use Qobuz for all of my lossless audio - I used the Become Immersed Audioultra playlist (tracks in 16bit and 24bit @44.1kHz) as well as a 10 track collection Bass Test - Bass Tester (16-bit 44.1 kHz)
I streamed the tracks using UAPP in Bit Perfect mode to minimize outside coloration.
I listened to tracks first with UE Reference Remastered IEM's and then with Campfire Audio Mammoth IEM's (which are VERY bass forward)
I will say that the M6U is a very well balanced DAP and that it plays well across the spectrum for all music.

Using the UE's -
Bass Slam - Good - slam was easily discerened with what I call a medium intensity.
Bass Speed - this varied depending on which Lowpass filter was used. There is no way to bypass the filter and I found the Short Delay-Slow Roll as the "cleanest" and the Low Dispersion-Short Delay to impact quality the most
Bass Texture - Good/Very Good - for this I used other source tracks that incorporated a wider selection of bass forward instruments (i.e. American Patrol - BBC Big Band Orchestra).

Using the CA Mammoth's -
Bass Slam
- Very Good - slam was far more direct and with a much greater intensity with crisp definition.
Bass Speed - this varied depending on which Lowpass filter was used. There is no way to bypass the filter and I found the Short Delay-Slow Roll as the "cleanest" and the Low Dispersion-Short Delay to impact quality the most
Bass Texture - Very Good/Excellent - for this I used other source tracks that incorporated a wider selection of bass forward instruments (i.e. American Patrol - BBC Big Band Orchestra). The soundstage was much wider and while the bass was far more forward in the mix, it didn't overpower the rest of the instruments.

If you are really bass heavy in your focus, I think you will want/need to incorporate some additional means of enhancing the bass performance of the M6U either through bass forward IEM's/headphoness and/or some additional equalization (i.e. flat equalizer or a similar app) to get the sound you are looking for.

I apologize if I don't use the same level of illustrative terms for sound that some people use - I am relatively straight forward - it either sounds good or it doesn't.:ksc75smile:

Hope this helps.

Jun 1, 2024 at 3:44 AM Post #893 of 895
Anyone know what M6U balanced output is for low, medium and high gain respectively?
You can find the product details of the M6U on the product homepage.
Here a short excerpt for the balanced output:
OutputBalanced.PNG

Jun 1, 2024 at 6:41 PM Post #894 of 895
Hi, My m6 ultra still has problems with poweramp EQ. It doesn't work and clips. I think it has something to do with sample rate it goes to 384khz with poweramp in qobuz and clips. Shanling software ALGO doesn't work with third party EQ.

Problem not fixed with firmware updates.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back