SONY NW-WM1Z M2 / WM1A M2
Jun 1, 2024 at 6:59 AM Post #15,796 of 15,804
This setup boost Sony WM1ZM2 to the max

Aroma Audio A100TB Burson V5iD X 2 (input), Trullis HA8802 (output) - all op-amps are mounted on Ufeel MK8 op-amp buffer board.

IMG_20240601_185309.jpg

Jun 1, 2024 at 11:13 AM Post #15,797 of 15,804
Has anyone run into an issue with their unit and Roon ARC? I start Roon ARC, and it loads, but as soon as I start to scroll down it locks up the entire device so that I have to reboot.

Thanks for any help!

Jun 1, 2024 at 11:31 PM Post #15,798 of 15,804
I just did a test with my NW-WM1AM2. Battery started at 88% down to 2% after 4 hours and 33 minutes. This was screen on 50٪, EQ on, WIFI & Bluetooth on listening to music and browsing on line.

My Samsung S24 Ultra gets double that too.

I still love my NW-WM1AM2.
How do you get 88%-86% after 4hrs 33mins?! :astonished:

Mines fully bloated, screen 0%, airplane mode,direct source, bluetooth off, wifi off - 36mins down 2%.

What am I doing wrong?!

Jun 2, 2024 at 12:06 AM Post #15,799 of 15,804
Local or streamed.

DSEE or Direct.

Sandisc or Swissbit.

Kimber or Bluetooth.

There's no wrong way to enjoy music :)

I would think that using offline local files is more energy efficient and environmentally friendly. Cloud services do have a bigger impact on the environment overall, Reading and writing from a microSD card only consumes 150mA to 800mA of power or so.

Also EMI noise interferences would be technically higher with WIFi enabled and more so if there is radio data transmission happening. Also the Sony Music Player software has been specifically written by Sony for sound quality and low power consumption.

Not sure how “optimized” the coding on the streaming apps are but I would think that these steaming companies are more “concerned” about their data collection/ad serving/bandwidth reduction rather than actual sound quality and code/performance optimisation of the app.

Yes I am also aware that there are streaming services like Qobuz that allows for purchases as well but these are region limited/licensing restricted too. I would think that having the actual audio data in your own storage is the most long lasting and most customisable way to enjoy music as you can always rename the files/id tag to your own desire and won’t have to deal with service disruptions, poor data reception or licensing issues or artist removals from streaming services.

Not saying that one should not use streaming services but I would think it is better to use it for music discovery but ultimately the best sound quality, privacy and peace of mind is with offline music files owned by you and not corporations/music labels.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2024 at 12:22 AM Post #15,800 of 15,804
How do you get 88%-86% after 4hrs 33mins?! :astonished:

Mines fully bloated, screen 0%, airplane mode,direct source, bluetooth off, wifi off - 36mins down 2%.

What am I doing wrong?!
I think you are doing it right, using the Walkman as a dedicated music player with screen off and with the least amount of energy usage, prolonging its battery lifespan and also enjoying the actual music without screen distractions. And I think you meant fully debloated.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2024 at 1:00 AM Post #15,801 of 15,804
High gain or Normal

Turkish or Spanish

Sharp roll-off or Slow

um ... Dignis or Miter

If it makes you happy, then it's right ... on

My right is WAV only from CD, with an occasional FLAC from Bandcamp only if it's not available on CD. And only on a Swissbit. No exceptions.

But really the cloud is the future. So is AI. Resistance is futile.

Jun 2, 2024 at 5:50 AM Post #15,802 of 15,804
High gain or Normal

Turkish or Spanish

Sharp roll-off or Slow

um ... Dignis or Miter

If it makes you happy, then it's right ... on

My right is WAV only from CD, with an occasional FLAC from Bandcamp only if it's not available on CD. And only on a Swissbit. No exceptions.

But really the cloud is the future. So is AI. Resistance is futile.

Skynet is the future!
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skynet_(Terminator)

Jun 2, 2024 at 6:07 AM Post #15,804 of 15,804

Users who are viewing this thread

Back