32 Interconnect Cables Measured and Listened to!
May 14, 2024 at 12:09 PM Post #2 of 7
such tests get way to less respect :) good job by alpha audio ... some of the very few that actually do something useful for the consumer

May 15, 2024 at 6:12 AM Post #4 of 7
good job by alpha audio ... some of the very few that actually do something useful for the consumer
“Useful for the consumer” who is reproducing recordings of musical instruments that produce sound up to 10MHz, recorded with microphones that can respond to 10MHz, using digital audio files with a sample rate greater than 20MHz and with speakers that can reproduce 10MHz!

G

May 15, 2024 at 6:47 AM Post #5 of 7
“Useful for the consumer” who is reproducing recordings of musical instruments that produce sound up to 10MHz, recorded with microphones that can respond to 10MHz, using digital audio files with a sample rate greater than 20MHz and with speakers that can reproduce 10MHz!
i mean i get your POV but the people at alpha audio just wanted to make sure that they dont miss any possible correlation between listener preference and actual measurements, even if they are outside of the audio band
for some people its obvious that these things are not just placebo and they try to find possible reasons for what they hear

_________-

around a week ago i recieved a package from audiophonics with these:
https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/bala...l-modulation-cable-occ-ptfe-o79mm-p-5429.html
and these XLR Plugs:
https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/xlr-...ay-male-xlr-connector-o85mm-unit-p-12539.html
https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/xlr-...-female-xlr-connector-o85mm-unit-p-12540.html

it costed me around 70 Euro for 2x 1,5m XLR cables... and these were a definitive step up from the sommercables with neutrik XLR i had before

I mean... 35 per cable for tellurium copper plugs and OCC copper/teflon etc? you cant really argue here that this is overpriced snake oil... in fact this is probably cheaper than some of the generic "pro audio cables" and still makes a noticeable difference imo
the same kind of cable would probably go for 200-500+ at some companys.... and i dont wanna defend this fact, im just happy that specially elecaudio offers some cheap stuff to diy high quality cables :)

May 15, 2024 at 3:13 PM Post #6 of 7
i mean i get your POV but the people at alpha audio just wanted to make sure that they dont miss any possible correlation between listener preference and actual measurements …
And what possible correlation is there between listener preference and 10MHz signals? … Especially when reproducing audio recordings that don’t contain any 10MHz content (or even anywhere near 10MHz)!

G

May 15, 2024 at 6:44 PM Post #7 of 7
I don't get it.

Looks like he tried to measure analog cables to determine which one would be the fastest digital cable. He's pretty much bringing eye pattern analysis into analog audio cables for no good reason. And he does it in such a way that we have even less knowledge about how to correctly interpret it.
Why?
I mean, I don't want to make his efforts look trivial, it sure seems like a lot of work. But so would be testing how many cables of each brand are needed to lift one adult African elephant, and then try to come up with correlations between that and our music impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back