A&K SE 300 Battery Life
May 2, 2024 at 1:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

drewh111

New Head-Fier
I just bought one - love the sound etc. However my battery drops like a rock. It is brand new. I lose about 20% an hour, so 4 - 5 hours of playtime. Not good.

I am using Class a/b with FiiO Magnetic Planar Headphones. Running about half volume. I am wondering if anyone has experience with the battery life on the player. Did I get a lemon?

also have an SR25 - I get tons of battery life out of it.

thanks in advance.

Last edited:
May 5, 2024 at 3:28 AM Post #2 of 10
I just bought one - love the sound etc. However my battery drops like a rock. It is brand new. I lose about 20% an hour, so 4 - 5 hours of playtime. Not good.

I am using Class a/b with FiiO Magnetic Planar Headphones. Running about half volume. I am wondering if anyone has experience with the battery life on the player. Did I get a lemon?

also have an SR25 - I get tons of battery life out of it.

thanks in advance.
What gain mode do you usually use it in?

Last edited:
May 5, 2024 at 9:37 AM Post #3 of 10
Do a battery runtime test.

This is the listed spec:
  • Playback Time
    about 12hours (Standard : FLAC, 16bit, 44.1kHz, Vol.50, LCD Off, Normal Gain)

Uses a 16 ohm headphone to run the test and see if you can get at least 10hrs out of it. If you still get much less, then Ill suggest you contact either the seller or A&K for a replacement/repair.

May 5, 2024 at 12:19 PM Post #4 of 10
Thanks, yes I will test. I did get a reply from A&K. They are actually quite good about reply's I have been running FLac at normal gain etc. with no screen and it does seem to drop rather quickly but maybe it is different at various battery levels.

I do appreciate the reply. It really does sound amazing with the Fiio FT5's. really seems to be a good combination. So I hope I can get some decent battery life out of it.

May 7, 2024 at 6:45 PM Post #7 of 10
so this is one of those specs, like gas mileage on a car - they drive it around a perfectly flat track, never changing from 52 mph so they can claim 35 mpg :) well that sucks cause I have liked my A&K products so far. but if they use totally unrealistic conditions for the specs, that kind of s*&^cks. I guess I'll see what the dealer says.

the thing is it drops more quickly after 50%, like 20% in less than an hour.

May 10, 2024 at 11:51 AM Post #8 of 10
just a quick follow for anyone interested. The dealer, Bloom Audio (who has been super responsive) checked the unit and noted the battery issue. So they did a factory reset and retested and claim it fixed the issue. So I will know better when I get back

I realized I should have thought of that and then found out that A&K do not provide instructions for the user on doing a factory reset, so I guess, I couldn't have done it anyway. Hopefully all will be good when I get the unit back. I look forward to doing some serious listening and in particular, comparing ladder DAC to my current Ayre QB-9 Twenty.

May 16, 2024 at 5:34 AM Post #9 of 10
just a quick follow for anyone interested. The dealer, Bloom Audio (who has been super responsive) checked the unit and noted the battery issue. So they did a factory reset and retested and claim it fixed the issue. So I will know better when I get back

I realized I should have thought of that and then found out that A&K do not provide instructions for the user on doing a factory reset, so I guess, I couldn't have done it anyway. Hopefully all will be good when I get the unit back. I look forward to doing some serious listening and in particular, comparing ladder DAC to my current Ayre QB-9 Twenty.
When you get the unit back, test the battery without installing any additional apps if possible. Most of the times it’s the apps that eat the battery. Some apps also run in the background and consume battery even when the app is not being used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back