Alpha Omega IEMs Thread
May 28, 2024 at 9:01 PM Post #197 of 205
I think I would join to the Ra-Gang.

Gimme bass, please
Oh, you will be treated with the best quality bass. Welcome aboard 🤩

Hi, could you compare the RA to the Faudio Dark Sky?
If my memory serves right, the bass on Dark Sky is more of midbass and a nice subbass. The bass is quite solid and gets boomy, sometimes which is overwhelming. I loved that set when I had tried it for few days sometimes back. Ra has a very controlled bass something which has good enough quantity but does not overload your brain. Also, Dark Sky is not as resolving and clean in approach as Ra. The midrange on Ra are more matured and detailed. Ra has better technical aspects.

Last edited:
May 29, 2024 at 2:50 AM Post #198 of 205
Oh, you will be treated with the best quality bass. Welcome aboard 🤩

If my memory serves right, the bass on Dark Sky is more of midbass and a nice subbass. The bass is quite solid and gets boomy, sometimes which is overwhelming. I loved that set when I had tried it for few days sometimes back. Ra has a very controlled bass something which has good enough quantity but does not overload your brain. Also, Dark Sky is not as resolving and clean in approach as Ra. The midrange on Ra are more matured and detailed. Ra has better technical aspects.
Thanks for the comparison, sounds like the RA is a better and more worth it iem then.

How is the RA with an external amp? Like the aroma or earmen angel

May 29, 2024 at 5:01 AM Post #199 of 205
May 29, 2024 at 5:26 AM Post #200 of 205
Thanks for the comparison, sounds like the RA is a better and more worth it iem then.

How is the RA with an external amp? Like the aroma or earmen angel
You won't believe how much power the Ra can take and it sound quite open and spacious. A good DAP and Aroma A100TB is a killer combo for Ra. With Earmen Angel, the power helps, but the DAC on Angel is not enough.

May 29, 2024 at 7:10 AM Post #201 of 205
May 29, 2024 at 11:13 AM Post #202 of 205
how is RA compared to FatFreq MM or MSE?
I still own the MM and can say that the RA outperforms it in all registers, excepting the low-end department while both tunings differ. The MM is sub-bass focused with less midbass than the RA. The MM does sound very « clean » and « clear ». The RA is more romantic and full sounding.

May 29, 2024 at 12:11 PM Post #203 of 205
Hi y'all. My current collection is Aur Ascension, Yanyin Canon 2, and Simgot EA1000.

I'm looking for strong sub bass and punchy mid bass, forward rich vocals, and relaxed but well extended treble. Also I mainly listen to pop, rap, r&b and edm. So which of the current releases from alpha omega would best suit me?

May 29, 2024 at 1:26 PM Post #204 of 205
I still own the MM and can say that the RA outperforms it in all registers, excepting the low-end department while both tunings differ. The MM is sub-bass focused with less midbass than the RA. The MM does sound very « clean » and « clear ». The RA is more romantic and full sounding.
thanks

May 31, 2024 at 9:18 AM Post #205 of 205
Massive (check the 0:56m mark)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back