aptX Adaptive / aptX Lossless USB Transmitters
May 17, 2024 at 6:22 PM Post #2,147 of 2,148
Has anyone been able to get Bluetooth LE audio working on the FMA120? I've just got mine and it doesn't appear to work with my LE Audio devices at all. I have a pair of Moondrop Golden Ages and Galaxy Buds2 Pro, both of which claim support for LE Audio and LC3 codec and are on the latest firmware I could obtain. Neither of which the dongle could stream audio to in LE audio mode. I've also found the dongle to be incredibly finicky when attempting to connect to anything. Most of the times it will just get stuck in the pairing state and not connect to anything, despite having my TWS devices right next to it set to pairing mode.

I've enabled the option to prefer LE audio on the FlooCast software, but it either does not connect to anything or it just connects to devices normally. For example, my Moondrop pair would show up as 3 Bluetooth devices in pairing mode, one for normal bluetooth operation and 2 of them show up as "Moondrop-LEA" (which I assume is for LE audio). However, even with the option enabled in FlooCast the dongle will still proceed to connect to my Moondrop pair in normal mode. This behavior does not appear to happen with my Galaxy Buds as the dongle does not connect to them at all with the option enabled.

I've tried FlooCast on Windows 11 as well as a Linux instance. In both cases the software is incredibly finicky because it does not appear to display the device status properly, nor does it control the device properly. I found that clearing the device list in the software does not work properly because upon restarting the application or reconnecting the dongle, the previously paired devices will still show up. I could not get the clear devices button to work properly at all. The reason I have to constantly clear the list is because the dongle will frequently either get stuck in idle and not connect to anything, or will not pair to anything else.

May 18, 2024 at 12:00 AM Post #2,148 of 2,148
Has anyone been able to get Bluetooth LE audio working on the FMA120? I've just got mine and it doesn't appear to work with my LE Audio devices at all. I have a pair of Moondrop Golden Ages and Galaxy Buds2 Pro, both of which claim support for LE Audio and LC3 codec and are on the latest firmware I could obtain. Neither of which the dongle could stream audio to in LE audio mode. I've also found the dongle to be incredibly finicky when attempting to connect to anything. Most of the times it will just get stuck in the pairing state and not connect to anything, despite having my TWS devices right next to it set to pairing mode.

I've enabled the option to prefer LE audio on the FlooCast software, but it either does not connect to anything or it just connects to devices normally. For example, my Moondrop pair would show up as 3 Bluetooth devices in pairing mode, one for normal bluetooth operation and 2 of them show up as "Moondrop-LEA" (which I assume is for LE audio). However, even with the option enabled in FlooCast the dongle will still proceed to connect to my Moondrop pair in normal mode. This behavior does not appear to happen with my Galaxy Buds as the dongle does not connect to them at all with the option enabled.

I've tried FlooCast on Windows 11 as well as a Linux instance. In both cases the software is incredibly finicky because it does not appear to display the device status properly, nor does it control the device properly. I found that clearing the device list in the software does not work properly because upon restarting the application or reconnecting the dongle, the previously paired devices will still show up. I could not get the clear devices button to work properly at all. The reason I have to constantly clear the list is because the dongle will frequently either get stuck in idle and not connect to anything, or will not pair to anything else.
Without a pair of Samsung earbuds I can't say anything but point to google results showing the LC3 seems to be poorly supported. This is a Snapdragon Sound Certified device, so expect the most compatibility with Qualcomm devices(Samsung is their own tech giant). As for the moondrop, LE appended to a bluetooth device is an old convention and only means BLE, not LE audio. In other words usually a secondary virtual bluetooth device that connects to the app on your phone to operate the device with. It doesn't normally broadcast audio.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back