[Aroma Audio] Our new "AIR" Bluetooth DAC Amplifier
May 23, 2024 at 12:06 PM Post #136 of 141
Does anyone here have experiences with using the gain switch of the Air? What am I supposed to do here? I was just about to try it for the first time, but I am confused now. The manual and description on the device are totally cryptic about it!

After taking out the amp modules, I see four super tiny white switches (inside the red circles on my picture) that are way to small for my finger nails and even the attached tool! What am I supposed to switch them with, without taking the risk to break them?
And do I get it right that all four (?) have to be switched from "1,2" to "ON,KE" (what does that even stand for) to lower the gain?

Whoever designed this, must have forgotten it might actually be used by people who are not audio engineers (erm...?)? :thinking: Any hints are highly appreciated! :sweat_smile:

ON,Ke is for LOW GAIN

1,2 is for HIGH GAIN

It's already written

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 1:06 PM Post #137 of 141
ON,Ke is for LOW GAIN

1,2 is for GAIN GAIN

It's already written
Thanks, but did you read my full post?
It’s not written…
- whether I need to switch all four switches?
- with what kind of tool I can move the switches without breaking them (they are super tiny and cannot be moved using one’s fingers, not even with the attached tool (which is only for removing the amp modules)?
- the meaning of “On, Ke”?

Appreciate your answers!

Btw. Do you own an Aroma Air and have tried it?

Last edited:
May 23, 2024 at 7:41 PM Post #138 of 141
Thanks, but did you read my full post?
It’s not written…
- whether I need to switch all four switches?
- with what kind of tool I can move the switches without breaking them (they are super tiny and cannot be moved using one’s fingers, not even with the attached tool (which is only for removing the amp modules)?
- the meaning of “On, Ke”?

Appreciate your answers!

Btw. Do you own an Aroma Air and have tried it?
Yes. I own a unit nearly a year. It's already in high gain. If u want to switch it, use sim injector.

Last edited:
May 24, 2024 at 4:20 AM Post #139 of 141
Yes. I own a unit nearly a year. It's already in high gain. If u want to switch it, use sim injector.
SIM injector is a good idea! Sorry for asking again, but you switched all four switches, right? Because the graphic on the device could also be interpreted in a way that for low gain you only need to use the two switches that have "ON" over it (and not the ones with "Ke" over it). I want to switch to low gain to check whether this improves hiss/interference. Thx!

May 24, 2024 at 7:35 AM Post #140 of 141
SIM injector is a good idea! Sorry for asking again, but you switched all four switches, right? Because the graphic on the device could also be interpreted in a way that for low gain you only need to use the two switches that have "ON" over it (and not the ones with "Ke" over it). I want to switch to low gain to check whether this improves hiss/interference. Thx!
It’s a hilariously bad explanation in that diagram. Maybe Aroma can chime in if they follow this thread.

May 24, 2024 at 3:35 PM Post #141 of 141
It’s a hilariously bad explanation in that diagram. Maybe Aroma can chime in if they follow this thread.
I thought the same - maybe they chime in? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back