AWESOME BARGAIN!!!!
Apr 4, 2010 at 1:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

LFF

Co-Organizer for Can Jam '09
Member of the Trade: Paradox
Sentry Woodies (aka Sentry HO470)…a fantastic deal if you like bass…..

***DISCLAIMER***These are my opinions. I always recommend you try everything for yourself and use YOUR ears to judge something before you purchase it.***

http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/x...ry_woodies.jpg
http://i745.photobucket.com/albums/x...y_woodies2.jpg

Specifications:

Freq.: 20Hz - 20kHz
Impedance: 32 ohms
Cord length: 4 feet
Plug type: 3.5mm
Drivers: 10mm
Sensitivity: 110db

I’m always on the lookout for interesting items for some stupid reason. This often causes me to make some impulse purchases, some of which are good and others bad. The former was the case today. I walked into a local Big Lots and while browsing around I found some woody IEM’s. Being a Grado woody fan, I thought it was rather cool to see an IEM sporting real wood as I had never seen this novelty implemented on an IEM. The cost was only $5.00 USD so I figured what the hell….I have nothing to lose except a lunch at McDonald’s.

I got home, unpacked and listened. Holy booming bass Batman! These things sound like they have subwoofers inside. The highs are barely there and the mids are very warm and pronounced, most likely due to the huge amount of bass these little bad boys put out. These IEM’s are perfect for movie watching or for gaming. They absolutely rock for those purposes. On a direct comparison to UE Super.fiEB’s, these sound very similar. Not as well refined as the EB’s but similar. Then again...there is a huge price difference between the two.
wink.gif
($5.00 versus at least $160.00)

I played a little Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and the woodies were perfect for such a task. Grenades really pounded. Directionality was also great. Watched a few movies too and they were great in that regard as well. Special effects were awesome, especially explosions. All in all, I can say that these will be my late night movie and gaming ‘phones for the continuing future. If they break or my dog chews on them, well, I'll only be out $5.44!

The major pitfall for these woodies is music. For music, they desperately need some EQ to sound better. If you’re a huge bass head, then these may be perfect for you but for me, they are simply too bass heavy to enjoy any music. After some tinkering with Foobar’s EQ, I found a decent setting that makes these IEM’s much more pleasurable. With such EQ, music once again begins to sound like music instead of a badly EQ’d club atmosphere.

If you’re interested in a better starting EQ for these bass monsters, here is my starting EQ file for Foobar 2000. Just load it as a preset and enjoy your music. You can also use this setting to set-up any EQ for a portable player.
In short, these are a bargain if you crave bass or if you’re looking for low cost gaming IEM’s. With a little EQ, they are even well suited for music of all genres. Hey…for a total of $5.44…you can’t really complain.

IF INTERESTED PURCHASE THEM AT YOUR LOCAL BIG LOTS! They only cost $5.44 total! If you can’t find them, buy them from AMAZON HERE

Happy listening!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back