Best combo device for headphone amp/dac and audio interface for guitar?
May 1, 2024 at 12:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

matthewh133

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm currently using the RME Adi-2 FS for my headphones and studio monitors, which is a perfect device for my computer music listening setup. It's compact and fits in my setup perfectly from a footprint standpoint.

My issue is that I also have an external audio interface (Apollo Solo) to play guitar through with my plugins. Headphones are easy to quickly unplug from the ADI-2, but not my studio monitors (cable management). This means I can't play my guitar through my studio monitors. Is there a device that is equally as good of a headphone amp/dac as it is an audio interface so I can start using my guitar through my studio monitors again?

Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 8:53 PM Post #4 of 4
I had the Scarlett 212 and really like the amplifier/DAC in it. It drive the Sennheiser HD700 at half volume before it was too loud, and has RCA 1/4" out into a balanced amplifier if needed, but it's got good power on it's own. The 3rd Gen has the double connector, for an XLR mic or 1/4" RCA input. It sounded good enough to use on it's own if you want an all in one setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back