Best IEM tips?
May 16, 2024 at 3:30 PM Post #3,347 of 3,352
Can you guys recommend 3-4 different tips that are very different? I'm not too concerned about price.

Do you prefer softer or firmer materials? For instance, two antagonistic sets: FiiO HS18 and AZLA Crystal.

Also, try grabbing the FiiO HS19 pack on AliExpress, it is usually less than 15 bucks and there is a good variety in it to get you started.

After purchasing your 10th set, then you can start therapy like the rest of us. :smile:

What's a good tip for oily ears? Apart from foam

Search this thread for oily skin. Hope this helps as we're on the same boat on this matter.

Also, do you prefer shallow or deeper insertions?

May 16, 2024 at 4:17 PM Post #3,348 of 3,352
What's a good tip for oily ears? Apart from foam
I'm in the same boat. It depends on the weather and climate where you live. I live in a dry desert climate, so my approach is more about just keeping my oily ears clean and dry. But I can imagine in humid and wet climates, you would probably want something firmer and grippier like AZLA tips and Penon Liqueur tips. I also find Spiral Dots and Divinus Velvets stay dry and well sealed. Thinner or more flexible tips like Spinfit and Spring Tips are among the worst for my oily ears (they eventually get too slick and break seal).

May 16, 2024 at 4:32 PM Post #3,349 of 3,352
Do you prefer softer or firmer materials? For instance, two antagonistic sets: FiiO HS18 and AZLA Crystal.

Also, try grabbing the FiiO HS19 pack on AliExpress, it is usually less than 15 bucks and there is a good variety in it to get you started.

After purchasing your 10th set, then you can start therapy like the rest of us. :smile:

Search this thread for oily skin. Hope this helps as we're on the same boat on this matter.

Also, do you prefer shallow or deeper insertions?
Funny, I just got in the HS18 and they sound great. Similar to the HS19 but a bit different fit and a bit different sound. Better depending on the IEM. Both these sets are the best I have found for my ears.

I found the HS19 for $6.97 and the HS18 for $4.72 on AliExpress. Free shipping too. Best bang for the dollar and you get a big variety.

May 18, 2024 at 6:57 AM Post #3,350 of 3,352
I've been screwing around with ear impression material after buying some off aliexpress. I had an idea to see what would happen if I forced the sound through a small hole.
Doing this makes the bass a kind of in your head, physical type of sound that you can really feel, which is something I haven't heard in any eartip. Too bad it puts a sort of veil on the other frequencies, which was to be expected. This works for a few genres of edm here and there but there's a reason manufacturers don't do this.

I have a feeling this might work very well on the ex1000s.

Attachments

• PXL_20240518_103909282.jpg
    PXL_20240518_103909282.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
May 18, 2024 at 4:13 PM Post #3,351 of 3,352
I'm in the same boat. It depends on the weather and climate where you live. I live in a dry desert climate, so my approach is more about just keeping my oily ears clean and dry. But I can imagine in humid and wet climates, you would probably want something firmer and grippier like AZLA tips and Penon Liqueur tips. I also find Spiral Dots and Divinus Velvets stay dry and well sealed. Thinner or more flexible tips like Spinfit and Spring Tips are among the worst for my oily ears (they eventually get too slick and break seal).
I'm considering using talcum powder on the tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back