Campfire Chat - Official Campfire Audio 2024 Thread!
May 15, 2024 at 11:43 PM Post #1,247 of 1,254
Appreciate the little comparison of the Supermoon vs the Moon Rover in the upper frequency ranges, but what about the bass?

May 16, 2024 at 11:57 AM Post #1,248 of 1,254
Hey all, I wanted to chime in here to clear up some stuff re: Moon Rover. With the Munich show this past week, it was a challenge to keep everything flowing and get all the info dialed in and shared. I am still working on this while trying to get re-adjusted to being back on the west coast haha.

The site shows Moon Rover as 'sold out' but this is simply an artifact of not listing them as in stock, as they aren't released yet. So we haven't sold any units, they will go live on June 4th and many of our dealers will have them in stock as well.

Moon Rover is a more linear approach to our planar sound with a much more neutral approach than Supermoon. So if your looking for a Supermoon with less heat in the highs and flatter overall response, it will definitely be for you. We just previewed Moon Rover at HighEnd and it received a lot of great, positive response.

Lastly (this is more of my personal opinion) but I love the way they look. Subtle and industrial from a certain angle, and then the light catches them and shows off that color gradient, really awesome.

Let me know if you have more questions about it!

@CFA Chris @Caleb Rosenau @KB

The Moon Rover seems like a very interesting set — not only visually-speaking.

It seems very reminiscent of the Ara, both in terms of form and function…

Care to elaborate a bit :wink: ?

Appreciate the little comparison of the Supermoon vs the Moon Rover in the upper frequency ranges, but what about the bass?

Oh yeah, and that :p

Last edited:
May 16, 2024 at 1:40 PM Post #1,250 of 1,254
Can they be eq'd to be bass monsters?

Presumably, but I think that would take some pretty drastic settings. Probably a better bet to get a different set that already has a closer bass response to what you're looking for. (Cascara, Vega 2020, Trifecta, etc)

Would love your opinion on how moon rover would compare to fathom? Also how you think they would fair for professional use, or are they too colored. I’m currently using my 2019 andros as my working iems for reference.

Thanks!

P.S. I really wish that iems for producers page could come back and be updated. Really helpful for someone like me lol.

I think Moon Rover and Fathom are currently our most neutral offerings. There will be some timbre-related differences due to their respective driver compliments. I don't want to give too many notes on this until I've had a chance to give them a proper A/B-ing. Will try to do this soon.

We definitely want to get some more pro-audio related resources back up onto the new site. Will have this in the works soon!

If you could release a FR prior to launch for comparison that would be excellent! Even in reference within inly CFA for reference.

FR will be up soon, you can find the FR's of all of our current offerings on their respective "learn more" pages, and Moon Rover will have one of these soon, I'm hoping by next week.

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
May 16, 2024 at 1:46 PM Post #1,251 of 1,254
@CFA Chris @Caleb Rosenau @KB

The Moon Rover seems like a very interesting set — not only visually-speaking.

It seems very reminiscent of the Ara, both in terms of form and function…

Care to elaborate a bit :wink: ?

Oh yeah, and that :p

I don't think there's a whole lot tying the Moon Rover and Ara together aside from the titanium shell and a more analytical tuning. It's been a while since I've listened to Ara but I'd say Ara skews more towards the high frequencies, with a greater upper-range boost overall.

Moon Rover is flatter with more bass texture and impact than Ara, due to the size/timbre of the planar driver relative to Ara's BA assembly.

Moon Rover has a more subdued bass response than Supermoon, similar textures because of the overlap in planar characteristics, but again MR is flatter overall.

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
May 16, 2024 at 3:58 PM Post #1,252 of 1,254
I don't think there's a whole lot tying the Moon Rover and Ara together aside from the titanium shell and a more analytical tuning. It's been a while since I've listened to Ara but I'd say Ara skews more towards the high frequencies, with a greater upper-range boost overall.

Moon Rover is flatter with more bass texture and impact than Ara, due to the size/timbre of the planar driver relative to Ara's BA assembly.

Moon Rover has a more subdued bass response than Supermoon, similar textures because of the overlap in planar characteristics, but again MR is flatter overall.

Works for me, thanks!

May 16, 2024 at 4:58 PM Post #1,253 of 1,254
I think Moon Rover and Fathom are currently our most neutral offerings. There will be some timbre-related differences due to their respective driver compliments. I don't want to give too many notes on this until I've had a chance to give them a proper A/B-ing. Will try to do this soon.

We definitely want to get some more pro-audio related resources back up onto the new site. Will have this in the works soon!
Thank you! Much appreciated 🙏

May 16, 2024 at 5:30 PM Post #1,254 of 1,254

Thanks :relaxed: Before June 4th? That'd be nice :sweat_smile:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back