Cayin HA-3A, a Compact 6V6s Transformer-coupled Tube Amplifier
May 23, 2024 at 4:57 PM Post #2,326 of 2,333
I have the VC, had the Empy II, and I have the 650. All run flawlessly
Thank you, djentbat. I have never listened to a tube amp, but this model seems like a good entry point. Of course, I am little concerned about quality, etc., but there are so many positive reviews on head-fi, I am assuming where's there's smoke there's fire.

May 23, 2024 at 5:37 PM Post #2,327 of 2,333
Thank you, djentbat. I have never listened to a tube amp, but this model seems like a good entry point. Of course, I am little concerned about quality, etc., but there are so many positive reviews on head-fi, I am assuming where's there's smoke there's fire.
You won't regret this purchase but be sure to have some NOS tubes ready as I personally didn't like the stock tubes but the stock rectifier is fine.

May 23, 2024 at 6:04 PM Post #2,328 of 2,333
This is an amazing tube amp for headphones low impedance (ie focals and planar) I prefer this sound over the traditional tube amp.

That said I actually bought my HA-3A from Zach at CJ SoCal. I was looking for the perfect pairing for my Atriums and there were non stock tubes in there that sounded blissful. I haven’t looked back since honestly

May 23, 2024 at 6:51 PM Post #2,329 of 2,333
This is an amazing tube amp for headphones low impedance (ie focals and planar) I prefer this sound over the traditional tube amp.

That said I actually bought my HA-3A from Zach at CJ SoCal. I was looking for the perfect pairing for my Atriums and there were non stock tubes in there that sounded blissful. I haven’t looked back since honestly
Zach’s the man, for sure. Thanks for sharing!

May 23, 2024 at 6:52 PM Post #2,330 of 2,333

Yeah, I’ve got a lot to learn about tube rolling. May look to you for advice in the future. Thank you.

May 23, 2024 at 7:41 PM Post #2,331 of 2,333
The longer I've had this amp, the issue of how often I should be turning on/off the amp keeps irking me. I've tried reading about it...with differing recommendations. How often are you guys turning off the amp? For instance if I have to walk away from the amp for about 2 hours, is it better to just leave it on with volume lowered and come back rather than going through the off/on process for the tubes again? Would you say the same for 4 hours?
Great question grant0317. And thanks to the community for the helpful reply.

May 23, 2024 at 8:08 PM Post #2,332 of 2,333
The longer I've had this amp, the issue of how often I should be turning on/off the amp keeps irking me. I've tried reading about it...with differing recommendations. How often are you guys turning off the amp? For instance if I have to walk away from the amp for about 2 hours, is it better to just leave it on with volume lowered and come back rather than going through the off/on process for the tubes again? Would you say the same for 4 hours?
I just turn it off. The user manual says it’s takes about 5-10 minutes for it to fully warm up. Haven’t had any issues

May 25, 2024 at 3:35 PM Post #2,333 of 2,333
Hello friends 👋🏻

To all of you who have Philips E80CC , what 6V6 tubes pair well and sound amazing? I would love to hear your opinions and quick sound description with the 6V6 tubes that you're using.
I remember @npatrix praising these with the Mazda 6V6G tubes 😁
1000102889.jpg

1000102890.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back