Changing bass ports don't make a difference?
Jul 31, 2008 at 7:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Daemos

100+ Head-Fier
So,

the treble ports make a HUGE difference (going to = to + is quite pronounced, going from + to ++ is very slight)

but it seems with the bass ports going from - to + is basically identical to my ears, or the difference to me is so slight I can't even register a difference.

That and I read the + bass port is supposed to have a hole in it? The + port and - port look IDENTICAL to me...*edit* upon closer observation there is a very very tiny hole in the +bass port!

But it doesn't change the fact that it feels to me that the +/=/- ports seem to have similar bass impact (maybe I'm not listening to songs that go deep enough to notice a difference?)

i've only listened to the SA6s for a few hours in total at most, so I'm going to continue experimenting =) but I wanted to see if anyone had similar observations. Other than that, the bass doesn't really feel thin, I'd like it to have more impact, but the treble and mid are AWESOME, and the sound isn't fatiguing at all!

Jul 31, 2008 at 7:44 AM Post #2 of 14
I think I saw some response graphs comparing them, and there definitely was a difference. And all of the SA6 threads I've read here claim that it's noticeable. Perhaps you should try some different music. If it's a matter of sensitivity in your ears, then maybe the bass++ mod would help. What happens when make subtle changes to the EQ (with software)? Do you notice a difference then?

My pair are in the mail, so I'll let you know if it works for me.

Jul 31, 2008 at 8:10 AM Post #3 of 14
Bass response is usually very easily affected by the fit, so make sure you get a good seal.

Jul 31, 2008 at 1:14 PM Post #4 of 14
Yea I think I'm going to order the Shure black olive foamies. Although I think the seal is quite good because it isolates VERY well, even at low volumes the music completely washes out what's left of the 'outside world'

With subtle differences in EQ (on the fuze) it makes a noticeable difference.

Anyone want to give me some examples of very deep and heavy bass loaded music? (like tracks not genres)

Jul 31, 2008 at 4:21 PM Post #5 of 14
Sorry for my bad english... have no practice
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm from Russian and i'm one of the first who test Sleek in Russia...
So what i can say. Changing of Bass port make a big difference in sound. I can "see" this difference easily. And - for your expirience - try to remove bass ports when you listening musik - verry interesting effect... like musik moving out from your earphones... it some like you listening part of sound not from SA6 but from acoustic monitors outside from head
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 10, 2008 at 4:14 AM Post #8 of 14
Graben: I just did that, man, what a HUGE difference, bass is way more punchy now (which is what I wanted, bass to be very crisp and punchy) and there is more bass now, sound stage is better now and I also put in the treble++ now and now it just sounds awesome =D

Aug 12, 2008 at 5:22 PM Post #9 of 14
Thought I'd mention that going from = to + (bass) in my new sleeks made a MASSIVE difference. Like night and day. = to + on treble, the difference is only slight. Haven't tried ++ yet, but will tonight. Will also give the staple trick a go, as although the bass is massively increased, it sounds a bit muffled.

Aug 13, 2008 at 8:25 PM Post #10 of 14
You want a track to listen to for bass? Linkin Park - Lying From You, when the bass drum hits at the beginning it hits hard and you feel it, it's awesome. I think I may try the mod for the bass+ port, but I am tentative about it because I only have the one set of bass+ ports right now and I use them.

Aug 14, 2008 at 2:21 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by roxxor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thought I'd mention that going from = to + (bass) in my new sleeks made a MASSIVE difference. Like night and day. = to + on treble, the difference is only slight. Haven't tried ++ yet, but will tonight. Will also give the staple trick a go, as although the bass is massively increased, it sounds a bit muffled.

haha...I got the opposite effect for treble going from = to + made a HUGE difference, not only in impact, but in the music presented.

Something that may of been with the bass + because it's a VERY tiny hole, there might of been something stuck in it, or because it's a very elastic type material, it could of sealed up a little.

Aug 28, 2008 at 2:40 AM Post #12 of 14
With my fit, going from = to - enhanced my bass experience. I hear more resolution in the lower frequencies and it feels deeper. = Sounds a little bloated and loose while going to + just smears the bass. If I can get a better fit, I can probably get the = and + to work right.

Edit - I got it to fit better after some wiggling. I now went back = for both treble and bass and everything sounds great. For a while, I had ++ for treble and - for bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back