CPU Usage and Audio Quality
May 8, 2024 at 1:00 AM Post #16 of 20
Nice! If it doesn't have a stable/maximum state PCI-E power delivery to your Jcat card, you will get tons of jitter causing that harsh sound
I just turned pcie link state power management to off. Thanks for reminding me.

So far in edit power plan:
Turn off HD : never
usb selective suspend setting: disabled
Pcie power management: off

in device manager:
unchecked all power management for usb slots.

May 15, 2024 at 11:02 PM Post #17 of 20
I just turned pcie link state power management to off. Thanks for reminding me.

So far in edit power plan:
Turn off HD : never
usb selective suspend setting: disabled
Pcie power management: off

in device manager:
unchecked all power management for usb slots.
If you are running mechanical hard drives auto off on non use is a benefit. Mechanical hard drives make electrical noise and will wear out much faster if always on. No advantage to a mechanical hard drive spinning all the time.

May 16, 2024 at 1:24 PM Post #19 of 20
Don't you have an external DAC?

I would claim if you have an external DAC the interference would be minimal except if your PC is madly overworked.

I've never personally felt that. I would think setting all your power management to 100% would be a waste of power.

If you aren't using a DAC; I would say plenty of laptops nowadays have terrible noisefloor and the only ones that seem to take it seriously is Apple.. But since the days of the headphone jack is mostly over even this doesn't stand true anymore as it will likely use a DAC from USB-C adapter.

May 16, 2024 at 5:41 PM Post #20 of 20
Don't you have an external DAC?

I would claim if you have an external DAC the interference would be minimal except if your PC is madly overworked.

I've never personally felt that. I would think setting all your power management to 100% would be a waste of power.

If you aren't using a DAC; I would say plenty of laptops nowadays have terrible noisefloor and the only ones that seem to take it seriously is Apple.. But since the days of the headphone jack is mostly over even this doesn't stand true anymore as it will likely use a DAC from USB-C adapter.
Yep, in post #13, I mentioned that it's probably not the cpu.

I use an external dac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back