DACs and single-ended vs balanced output performance
May 17, 2024 at 8:46 PM Post #31 of 33
Thank you for your response. As I do not speak foreign languages, I translate with the help of a translator. Perhaps there was a misunderstanding due to an inaccurate translation. I have read several very positive reviews of the Musician Pegasus r2r dac. One was negative, but the reviewers seemed to me like teenagers who don't know where north is. That didn't affect me. However, I recently found one negative review posted by someone who has experience with this equipment. He looks trustworthy. He mainly complains about the output stage of this dac. However, he does not say whether he did the test with the XLR output as well. That's why I'm thinking about removing the final stage (about 4 transistors) and replacing it with another final stage directly in the dac. I won't be making any adjustments to my Saks power amp, it's tuned perfectly. Well thank you. I am attaching a link to the aforementioned review:
https://najlepszeodtwarzacze.pl/musician-audio-pegasus-r2r-dac.php
Modifying the DAC will provide uncertain results, potentially even damage. Modification will severely impact the resale value. If you aren't happy, you should consider selling it and buying another DAC instead.

Last edited:
May 18, 2024 at 6:38 AM Post #32 of 33
If you're talking about modifying the internals of an amp, then that's above my heard. I don't mod equipment, nor am I an electronics expert. Perhaps the link you post have the answers you seek?

I'm simply saying, again, sound quality is not solely dependent on whether an amp is balanced or not.

Good luck :relaxed:
Not the innards of the amp, but the innards of the dac. Exit step dac, behind the ladders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back