Diana: the second release by Abyss Headphones!
May 24, 2024 at 1:53 PM Post #7,426 of 7,431
May 24, 2024 at 2:49 PM Post #7,427 of 7,431
I have been fortunate enough to audition all Dianas today. I’ve heard them with different pads and superconductor vs stock cable as well.

After that, i went for second audition and finally pulled the trigger.

My favorite diana was Phi with TC pads.
Second favorite was V2 w/ stock and bass ported pads. Least favorite was MR. It sounded pretty dead to me. But maybe it was my system.

I bought V2, single ended on my iDSD diablo sounded better so i got it with that cable.

In the future i might get bass ported pads but it’s completely different basshead headphones with those pads so i might keep it with stock.

I also purchased ZMF eikon on spot.

I’ve heard new E3 and Composer. They were flawless and imo both good if not better than my purchases but i got so good deal on v2 and eikon as b stock from ebay dealers i might get 2 headphones instead of 1 to cover my both closed and open listening needs.

Attachments

• IMG_1025.jpeg
    IMG_1025.jpeg
    485.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1024.jpeg
    IMG_1024.jpeg
    208.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 24, 2024 at 3:05 PM Post #7,428 of 7,431
I have been fortunate enough to audition all Dianas today. I’ve heard them with different pads and superconductor vs stock cable as well.

After that, i went for second audition and finally pulled the trigger.

My favorite diana was Phi with TC pads.
Second favorite was V2 w/ stock and bass ported pads. Least favorite was MR. It sounded pretty dead to me. But maybe it was my system.

I bought V2, single ended on my iDSD diablo sounded better so i got it with that cable.

In the future i might get bass ported pads but it’s completely different basshead headphones with those pads so i might keep it with stock.

I also purchased ZMF eikon on spot.

I’ve heard new E3 and Composer. They were flawless and imo both good if not better than my purchases but i got so good deal on v2 and eikon as b stock from ebay dealers i might get 2 headphones instead of 1 to cover my both closed and open listening needs.
Congrats on the buy 😄

I recognize the shop, a must visit when in Amsterdam.

Not that it matters for sound, but to me the v2 always looked the best (not counting custom colors of the TC)

May 24, 2024 at 7:02 PM Post #7,429 of 7,431
Ye
Congrats on the buy 😄

I recognize the shop, a must visit when in Amsterdam.

Not that it matters for sound, but to me the v2 always looked the best (not counting custom colors of the TC)
Yeah the shop is fantastic wish i was able to buy from him directly but had to travel next day unexpectedly.

May 24, 2024 at 7:41 PM Post #7,430 of 7,431
I absolutely love my V2s and will never sell them! I have been eyeing the Eikons though now that they are back in production. How would
you compare these two?

May 25, 2024 at 7:06 AM Post #7,431 of 7,431
With the lower price of old stock Diana V2 these days, this has suddenly become more reachable for me, the question is, is it different enough from my current Fav fullsize trios:
Sony MDR Z1R, Audio Technica ADX5000 and Focal Clear? Will it completely replace any of the three? From impressions Im guessing Clear is the closest in tuning to it?
Have anyone done direct comparison of the V2 against any of the mentioned aforementioned cans?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back