Douk Audio U2 Pro DDC - Poorman DDC for an affordable & clean digital signal
May 23, 2024 at 6:04 AM Post #587 of 589
@sajunky is that one with the battery a constant charge isolated battery? like does it charge while being used and still maintain full isolation without a separate power input?
I think none of them have a battery. A large black rectangular box can be isolated power supply (DC/DC converter). Will verify later.

May 24, 2024 at 8:00 AM Post #588 of 589
Hi everyone. @sajunky introduced me to this thread.

Are all of these isolators as good as or better than:

https://fibbrcable.com/products/alpha-usb-a-b-optical-fiber-digital-audio-cable

I realize they are less expensive- but Alex Crespy and John Swenson of Uptone Audio say the chip in this item is top. They ordered some for some new usb isolators they plan to make themselves.... They also told me the proper place to isolate USB is not on the PC or streamer side but right before the DAC or DDC; which makes sense because it reduces the chances of damage by EMI or RFI getting in through the cable between the PC and DAC.

Last edited:
May 24, 2024 at 8:53 AM Post #589 of 589
They also told me the proper place to isolate USB is not on the PC or streamer side but right before the DAC or DDC; which makes sense because it reduces the chances of damage by EMI or RFI getting in through the cable between the PC and DAC.
Nah, it helps a cable ground potential convert to EMI. It makes it difficult to deal with later.

Rule #1. Deal with a source noise at a source before it converts to EMI.

Rule #2. Deal with EMI on the receiver side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back