DUNU - Discussion/Impressions Master Thread
May 16, 2024 at 12:08 AM Post #2,446 of 2,457
Haha :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Auditioned the Pilgrim several times but my ears just don't vibe with it! (Vibe may be a poor term here in Head-fi)

Pilgrim is yes, more resolving for its price range. But I find the rest of its spectrum - just ok. Tried several DAPs, Genres, Amps with it. My ears don't get the Pilgrim - heck, I got the Project M instead of the Pilgrim! But I did pre-order the Noir - due to it's (allegedly) more engaging tuning.

Got the DaVinci due to it's (again, allegedly) similar tuning with the Canpur (forgot with model) - and for it's asking price, it's a no brainer for me to get one!
Nice! What a time to be an audiophile! Such variety to choose from and affordable too!

May 16, 2024 at 12:20 AM Post #2,447 of 2,457
I’m surprised the DaVinci was released today but there’s no YouTube reviews to be found. Seems a little odd that units weren’t sent to some reviewers early to get the hype train going.
Technically, it's on pre-order.
Review units have been sent out and should start arriving within the next couple of weeks.

I'll be making the official launch video around the end of the month.

May 17, 2024 at 9:02 AM Post #2,449 of 2,457
My wait is finally over!

My first impressions are that these are built like a tank. They are smooth, the sound is smooth, and the midrange is neither thin nor thick, just perfect.
They are very resolving without being harsh, sibilant or bright. They are smooth to my ears. They extend both ends endlessly with great separation.
The highs are very well done and the bass is very separated from the rest and digs very deep with great quality.
Then the soundstage came in, it is good, very good set.
I can’t find anything bad about them. They are very good. Im happy.

I can say with confidence Linsoul Jupiter x HBB you are in trouble.

Edit 1:
First Day:
The soundstage is multi-layered.
I want to mention that these are towards the bright side.
The "s" and "sh" sounds are present along with the trebles which is what I was expecting,
so buyers be aware.
However it is done right at the edge of being harsh or sibilant but still remains smooth and very pleasant to my ears. Is not shouty at all to my ears.
The emphasized 6khz and upwards adds some extra resolution to the midrange as I can clearly hear moving lips and breath, the timbre of instruments is too realistic.

As present as the treble is the bass can also be present and when it calls for it, it will deliver like a champ with great separation between mid and sub bass . It can deliver, so bassheads you’ll get it.

I said Linsoul Jupiter x HBB, you are in trouble because when I first bought them, I was like, Where is the clarity , this too much bass ? Why did I pay so much when it is somewhat lacking in clarity ?
Some may find that the timbre on the Glacier is on the digital side but I hear clarity - realistic - vivid - real life sound.

Dunu did well by opting for this kind of tuning as it shows they are different from the rest of the competition.

Edit 2:
Second day:
Tip rolling, short cheap tips, no sibilance, no harshness, very extended highs and intense trebles.
You see my name, MaxBass?
Turn up the volume to max, burn them with house music, G house let’s see if they can handle it. The bass becomes extremely powerful, with a very contrasting sound and an intense soundstage that expands outside my head. Very coherent sound. Push them to the next level of volume. They are good, they can handle it, no issues. Can they slam like the Fatfreq Scarlet Mini? Easy peasy as the bass here is also better quality. Tips are very important with the Glacier as I ended up with some cheap short tips to make them as smooth as possible .

For the last time, I will say, buyers, be aware , these are treble forward and towards the bright side with bass and contrasty and they may not be for you.

This IEM may not be for everyone ( Has this Dunu Bite if you had before Dunu you know what I mean but less with the right tips the bite is not present or is less depending the track ) as it is treble forward and contrasty with Excellent Bass and outstanding sound quality but it still has a very realistic timbre with top notch technicalities.The soundstage is different from the competition as everything blends together instead of individual sounds popping out and hearing individual drivers working distracting.

I will take a break for now and enjoy and i will try to review in the next days to ensure I'm not being overly enthusiastic about my new IEM. I will take some time and provide my personal opinion along with precise comparisons.

Peace ✌️

Attachments

• IMG_5394.jpeg
    IMG_5394.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 18, 2024 at 3:01 PM Post #2,454 of 2,457
The DaVinci has been added to Super* Squig.link. Here it is against some of it's competitors. Looking a bit bassy for my tastes sadly but still looking forward to reviews.

graph.png

Seem to have found a slightly different graph compared to yours, unless I'm reading it wrong.

Bass seems similar to the top.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240518_195855_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240518_195855_Chrome.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back