DX260 Digital Audio Player, a New avenue to your music. Preorders have started. Easily replaceable battery. NEW Firmware Update! 2.02
May 17, 2024 at 9:31 AM Post #976 of 977
I looked at Hiby R6 Pro II, I like it better than dx260. bigger screen, better cpu-less consumption, android 12 instead of 11 and, as I read, better sound quality.
There are a few notable caveats for the R6 Pro II:

Power: I find the balanced output to be JUST enough for planars if you listen at louder volumes.

Battery life: 5-7 hours depending on how much output power you need, for me it was just shy of 5 hours.

Sound wise it's overall better but I do find that it lacks the last bit of bass extension. But otherwise it's strengths more than compensate for its shortcomings.

May 17, 2024 at 9:41 AM Post #977 of 977
In my opinion, the FiiO M15S and Hiby R6 Pro II are better sounding, mainly in the dynamics and soundstage department.

Software should be fine, it's been a long time since any android dap has bothered me with slow UI or glaring bugs.
The three are quite different. FiiO M15s has the fullest and warmest sound, but is big and heavy. The DX260 is bright, highly detailed and musical, and also small and light, but can be fatiguing with revealing IEMs. The R6Pro is technically adept and sprightly with a lovely screen, but has a rather dry sound (IMO) and is also quite big. Trade offs everywhere...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back