Earbuds Round-Up
May 17, 2024 at 11:04 PM Post #75,481 of 75,492
Has anyone listened to Fengru PK?Screenshot_2024-05-16-19-47-08-91_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg
Yeah like @jogawag said, I've also read that they're not that great. Which is a shame cuz I was really wanting a pair a few months ago. Instead of Fengru I recommend something from Qigom. Very excellent diy's.

Something I threw together for the fun of it. Sort of an experimental build to help me unwind after a long and tiring work week if you will. I really had no idea how these buds would sound, but they turned out looking great and sounding very good for something I pretty much slapped together.

14.2mm 40Ω Bio Composite driver in a metal shell with mmcx.

14.2mm 40Ω Bio 01.jpg

14.2mm 40Ω Bio 02.jpg
Congrats on your new diy shiny! They certainly look great. I'm a sucker for a chunky cable. I know it doesn't affect the sound, but the sight, weight, and feel of a good 8-16 core cable is very awesome to me.

Again, congrats on your build. I'm super jealous.

May 17, 2024 at 11:08 PM Post #75,482 of 75,492
Yeah like @jogawag said, I've also read that they're not that great. Which is a shame cuz I was really wanting a pair a few months ago. Instead of Fengru I recommend something from Qigom. Very excellent diy's.

Congrats on your new diy shiny! They certainly look great. I'm a sucker for a chunky cable. I know it doesn't affect the sound, but the sight, weight, and feel of a good 8-16 core cable is very awesome to me.

Again, congrats on your build. I'm super jealous.
Thanks! Go back and look at my original post. I edited it to show the side firing earphones that I used to harvest the shells.

Oh, what the hell, it's here.
1716001731222.png

May 17, 2024 at 11:16 PM Post #75,483 of 75,492
ブロックスTM11の感想
1000017696.jpg

長所: 優れた TOTL サウンド
短所: クラシックな MX500 シェル。ケーブルは付属しません。

私のペアは、このインプレッションの前に約 80 時間適切に焼き付けられました。私は約 15 ドルの OOC 素材 MMCX ケーブルを使用しました。

TM11 は、タイにある小さなイヤホン会社、Blox (Woo 氏製) の主力製品です。
Blox は、小さくても優れたイヤホンを世界中で販売していることでよく知られていました。
Blox の以前のフラッグシップは TM9(2018) で、その前は TM7(2013) でした。

*正式な技術仕様*
ダイナミックドライバー15.4mm、
周波数特性 20 Hz ~ 18 kHz、
出力34オーム、
音響感度 112 dB/mW @1kHz
MMCXヘッドフォンジャック

*音の質*
  • プレゼンテーション: TM11 は全体的にスムーズで非常に自然なプレゼンテーションを備えています。
  • サウンドステージ: TM11 は、イヤホンの形で実現できる最高のサウンドステージを探している人にとって、最高のイヤホンの 1 つです。
  • 楽器の分離: 楽器の分離とレイヤー化はほぼ完璧で、純正の TOTL イヤホンから期待できるものです。あらゆる楽器の詳細を簡単に識別できます。
  • 低音:低音は非常に深く響き、大きなインパクトがあり、重低音までよく伸びる素晴らしい音色です。確かに楽しむには十分な低音があります。
  • 中音域:非常に自然に聞こえるので素晴らしいです。中音域は私の耳にちょうど良い量です。ボーカルは心地よく、チューニングは長時間のリスニングセッションに最適です。
  • 高音: 耳障りさや歯擦音はありません。高音域は十分なディテールを保持するように適切に調整されていますが、過度に分析的または耳障りなサウンドにはなりません。ディテールを保持しながら、より透明感のあるサウンドになります。

*音楽ジャンル*
TM11で聴いたすべてのジャンル(ジャズ、ロック、ポップ、クラシックなど)で不足するものは何も見つかりませんでした。彼らが生み出す独特のサウンドは、ほぼあらゆるジャンルに非常に多用途です。

*結論*
今回この TM11 を聴いた後、私が言えることは、これは間違いなくこれまでのすべての Blox イヤホンの中で最高のリリースであり、真に TOTL イヤホンであるということです。

*公式ウェブサイト*
http://bloxearphone.com
Hey, what happened to your post...? It was in English and after a page refresh it's now in Japanese.
1716002137528.png

May 17, 2024 at 11:34 PM Post #75,484 of 75,492
Thanks! Go back and look at my original post. I edited it to show the side firing earphones that I used to harvest the shells.

Oh, what the hell, it's here.
Yeah those are very nice shells(thanks for posting them for me). I know some people put on those side firing silicones. I have a pair but haven't tried them. But now my interest is peaked. Think I'll throw them on my Rosemary and see what they do to the sound.

You specifically are making me want to diy myself. I think I've said that before. But I actually got a soldering iron now and I picked it up in no time. Even with my shakey hands(I'm going to cable mod my koss's and Grado). And the Qigom store has some nice looking drag and drops that are speaking to me. Hmmm...

May 17, 2024 at 11:41 PM Post #75,485 of 75,492
Here is my short review of the JCally EP02 earbuds.

JCally EP02.jpg

Excuse for buying the EP02: I bought the EP02 together with the Aeolian (https://www.head-fi.org/threads/earbuds-round-up.441400/post-18121652) mainly to make up the CNY100 single order amount qualifying for free shipping offer on Taobao on the day. My choice was paying CNY10 for shipping, or spending CNY22 more for the EP02 and got free shipping.

About the EP02 audio performance (driven by my LG V20 phone with built-in ESS DAC): Upon the first listening the EP02 surprised me with very good driver control, especially for tracks with multiple music instruments. I checked the EP02 specifications again and found the EP02 actually had N52 magnets, no wonder... The main merits of the EP02 is its very even frequency response above 300Hz with no severe peaks or dips. Also the instrument separation and bass texture is very good in its price range, due to the N52 magnet driver control.

Although the EP02's bass roll-off below 100Hz is no worse or better than other earbuds in its price range, it is the 300Hz to 100Hz "anti mid bass" gradual roll-off causing problem with the EP02 sound. Due to this "anti mid-bass" roll-off, male vocals and instruments like cello lack bodies.

The EP02's small profile make if very suitable for bed time duty. I do not have to use rubber ring with the EP02 to have good seal.

The initial pair of EP02 I received had channel imbalance. It was deep blue color and with the braided copper cables. Lun Sheng taobao shop then sent me an replacement pair in black color with the the parallel copper cables.

May 18, 2024 at 11:45 AM Post #75,487 of 75,492
Impressions of Blox TM11
1000017696.jpg
Pros: Superior TOTL sound.
Cons: Classic MX500 shell. Cable not included.

My pair has been properly burnt in for about 80 hours prior to this impression. I used an OCC material MMCX cable that costs about USD15.

The TM11 is the flagship of his Blox (made by Mr Woo), a small earphone company located in Thailand.
Blox was well known for selling small but great earphones all over the world.
Blox's previous flagship was TM9(2018) and before that he was TM7(2013).

*Official technical specifications*
Dynamic driver 15.4 mm,
Frequency response 20 Hz to 18 kHz,
Output 34 ohm,
Acoustic sensitivity 112 dB/mW @1kHz,
MMCX headphone jack

*Sound quality*
Presentation: The TM11 has an overall smooth and very natural presentation.

Soundstage: The TM11 is one of the best earbuds for those looking for the best soundstage that can be achieved in earbud form.

Instrument Separation: Instrument separation and layering is near perfect and what you can expect from genuine TOTL earbuds. You can easily identify the details of any instrument.

Bass: The bass sounds very deep, has a big impact, and has a great tone that extends well into the deep bass. There's definitely enough bass to enjoy.

Midrange: This is great because it sounds very natural. The midrange is just the right amount to my ears. Very linear and clear. Vocals are pleasant and the tuning is perfect for long listening sessions.

Treble: No harshness or sibilance. The treble is well-tuned to retain plenty of detail, but without sounding overly analytical or harsh. It sounds more transparent while retaining details.

*Music genre*
I didn't find anything lacking in all the genres I listened to on the TM11 (from jazz, rock, pop, classical, etc.). The distinctive sound they produce is extremely versatile for almost any genre.

*Conclusion*
After listening to this TM11 this time around, all I can say is that this is without a doubt the best release of all Blox earbuds to date and truly TOTL earbuds.

*Official website*
http://bloxearphone.com

How does the TM11 compare to other top tier earbuds you have? Are these thick or thin sounding?

May 18, 2024 at 3:04 PM Post #75,489 of 75,492
I just got these in from a Head-fier, the Nobunaga something. Ok, I’m more than new at earbuds. I Can prove it 😉. There has to be special/secret way of placing the bud covers on. Apparently either my dexterity and/or eyesight is not up to speed. Any help would be appreciated. Thx!

IMG_2225.jpeg
image.jpg

Last edited:
May 18, 2024 at 3:32 PM Post #75,490 of 75,492
I just got these in from a Head-fier, the Nobunaga something. Ok, I’m more than new at earbuds. I Can prove it 😉. There has to be special/secret way of placing the bud covers on. Apparently either my dexterity and/or eyesight is not up to speed. Any help would be appreciated. Thx!

First, pull enough foam left to right and up and down. Next, pull the foam and put it over the earbud, hooking one side to the shell.

It won't tear even if you pull it a little. If you are worried, buy cheap one and practise.

Last edited:
May 18, 2024 at 3:42 PM Post #75,491 of 75,492
First, pull enough foam left to right and up and down. Next, pull the foam and put it over the earbud, hooking one side to the shell.

It won't tear even if you pull it a little. If you are worried, buy cheap one and practise.
Thank you. So both hands at once placing on the bud? I’ll try that. I’ll need to order some foams. I guess Amazon…😃

Last edited:
May 18, 2024 at 4:03 PM Post #75,492 of 75,492
Thank you. So both hands at once placing on the bud? I’ll try that. I’ll need to order some foams. I guess Amazon…😃
Details of the procedure for fitting bud covers.
1. pull the bud cover fully to the left and right, up and down.
2. fit the inside (top) of the bud cover into the top of the earbud.
3. slowly fit the bud cover from the top of the earbud towards the bottom.
4. once half of the earbud is inserted, insert the other half in the same way.
5. when the earbud is fully inserted, adjust the fit with your fingers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back