Eletech Cables Official Impressions & Discussions Thread
May 14, 2024 at 12:38 AM Post #5,611 of 5,616
Gotta love the tube like sound signature of the PlatoXSocrates. Listening to the MH335DWSR paired with the PlatoXSocrates out of the pretty rare Luxury & Precision LP6 Platinum JP Edition (only 20 were produced, tuned for ACG for the Japanese market and hence the UI is only in Japanese).

The LP6 Platinum JP Edition is streaming via the Shanling M9+ and powered by a battery pack, connected by the Luxury & Precision WY1 cable. A very useful cable especially when you are flying or traveling around. :)

But definitely glorious sounds with the PlatoXSocrates!

IMG_4703.jpeg

May 14, 2024 at 1:05 AM Post #5,612 of 5,616
Gotta love the tube like sound signature of the PlatoXSocrates. Listening to the MH335DWSR paired with the PlatoXSocrates out of the pretty rare Luxury & Precision LP6 Platinum JP Edition (only 20 were produced, tuned for ACG for the Japanese market and hence the UI is only in Japanese).

The LP6 Platinum JP Edition is streaming via the Shanling M9+ and powered by a battery pack, connected by the Luxury & Precision WY1 cable. A very useful cable especially when you are flying or traveling around. :)

But definitely glorious sounds with the PlatoXSocrates!

IMG_4703.jpeg

One of the rare few occasions we did 8W hehe

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
May 14, 2024 at 1:11 AM Post #5,613 of 5,616
One of the rare few occasions we did 8W hehe

Yeah… No point just having more numbers unless there is compelling reason for doing so in terms of benefit on the sonic front. :)

May 15, 2024 at 4:36 AM Post #5,614 of 5,616
Eletech Visit

A thank you to @Eric Chong for generously giving up his time. On my recent visit to Singapore I managed to get away and audition some of Eletech's latest releases.

IMG_3546.jpeg

Eletech Raphael

This has already been well reviewed and well received.

From the product literature: ‘Raphael’ solidifies Eletech’s experience with working with flagship copper and gold materials, configurations and streamlined into a highly performing mix that is housed within the new “Virtues Series”. Raphael offers a highly resolving sound signature with being very organic sounding with a well textured warmth. Augmented by a Kevlar core, the "Raphael" is resilient while ensuring the structural stability of extremely high strand counts.

Specifications

• 25.5 AWG
  • Ultra High Purity Gold-Plated Copper + Gold-Copper Alloy
  • 9 Core Litz
  • Multi-Sized Stranding Design
  • High Dispersion Geometry ; Kevlar Resilient Core
  • Cryogenically Treated
  • Eletech Customised connectors and Y-split
  • Individually Enamelled strands
  • FlexiMax Insulation™
Retail: $529USD

Sonically I was impressed with Raphael at the price point. It's a 'safe' upgrade to a stock cable without going into kilobuck territory.
I had with me the MEST III (the stock PWA cable is known to be warm).

Raphael was still slightly warm in a nice way. But not as full/rich as the OEM Mest stock cable. Mids become more prominent and forward, especially the upper mids. Space and separation were quite capable with adequate detail retrieval. My comments were "would be a very respectable cable and a good pairing for IEM's that are not too bright". It is technically capable and balanced enough that it would pair well with many IEM's. I would safely recommend trialling Raphael as an introduction into cable upgrades.

IMG_3548.jpeg

Eletech Aristotle

From the product literature
Aristotle
transcends from previous "School Of Athens" ideals, offering a completely fresh outlook on the extremities of Copper, built with Eletech's new tri-coaxial oil soaked geometry. Combining both Crimson OCC Copper + OCC Copper, the Aristotle offers extended clarity and extensions, excellent copper warmth with a highly layered midrange and visceral low energy. Built with active shielding within the geometry, the "Aristotle" offers an extremely silent and deep dark background while details in the forefront are quick and transient with precision.

Specifications:

- 18 AWG, 2 Wires
- Triple Coaxial Dual Blend Copper Litz
(Oil-soaked Crimson OCC Copper + OCC Copper)
- Multi-Sized Stranding Design
- 24AWG Active Shielding + OCC Shielding Net
- Eletech Bespoke Solder
- Eletech Customised Y-Split & Connectors
- FlexiMax Insulation

Retails for $749USD and first release sold out

Initial impressions were immediate warmth, with a rich and full mid bass an low mids. Upper mids take a step back and may tame IEM's that are too sparkly. Treble is still there but not as forward as I usually associate with the Eletech house sound. Soundstage also much more intimate with notes closer together. If you want copper 18AWG low-end warm cuddles then this may be your cable. Ergonomically "just fine" for 18AWG 2-wire.

Please don't ask me about oil soaked geometry. It seems to be the current 'flavour'.

IMG_3554.jpeg

Euclid

Euclid"
transcends from the previous "School of Athens" ideals, introducing a fresh perspective on the extremities of silver cables. It features Eletech's innovative tri-coaxial oil-soaked geometry, setting it apart from its predecessors. The cable combines OCC Silver with 1% Gold and Nano Gold outer coating, resulting in a luxurious presentation and an expansive, lush soundscape. "Euclid" effortlessly reveals micro details and offers a rich note weight, promising a truly majestic audio experience.

Specifications:

- 18 AWG, 2 Wires
- Triple Coaxial Pure Silver Litz + 1% Gold
(Oil-soaked Pure Silver + 1% Gold & Nano Gold Coating)
- 24AWG Active Shielding + Silver Shielding Net
- Eletech Bespoke Solder
- FlexiMax Insulation

Retails $1199USD

My preference out of the two "School of Athens" cables. Better balance compared to Aristotle. Still capable bass but less warmth and improved sub/mid bass balance with the mids. Slight sub-bass emphasis compared to the stock MEST cable. What I immediate note from Euclid is the fullness of the sound. Still musical and the treble much less recessed than Aristotle.

Brief comparisons with Ode to Laura and Sonnet of Adam

Ode to Laura is my favourite Eletech cable. I own it and have it paired with Spartacus. There's an immediately noticeable improvement in the techs. Soundstage layering, holographic placement. Soundstage is not as wide or spacious as Sonnet to Adam and I actually thought they sounded very different. There's still a nicely balanced copper warmth to the low-mid end. Bass is tighter and well controlled, with detailed texture. There's a slight prominent to the vocal upper mids and it almost hones in on that frequency spectrum on Mest III that is harder to describe. OTL made me think it was SPC rather than OCC.

Paired to Spartacus (SP3000 -> MK475 + Orphy IC pairing that lends to a slightly warmer, laid back source presentation) OTL was synergistically excellent. Tonality was well balanced. I look for that "X" factor in tonality, timbre, balance and complexity and this was very fine. Treble is very much controlled and reasonably extended without brightness. Not as rich as Euclid in scale.

Sonnet of Adam was technically excellent, less coloured than OTL but without the vocal prominence on the upper mids. It was less dense. Musical but in a more neutral sense. Layering, OTL does very well but SOA is very, very close. Smooth but clean and transitions really well. The treble sparkle and air is very well done without any sibilance. On MEST III it's near the upper limits of my preference (Elyisian Annihilator is also close) but without as much of the low-mid emphasis the upper registers shine. Staging is wide and magnificent.

Versa system means that Eletech cables will be compatible with 2-pin and MMCX (e.g. campfire) audio IEM's. Pentacon Ear for Elysian IEM's are due for release in 1-2 months but not yet ready.

Usual disclaimer: This is what I hear. On my equipment. I consistently and reproducibly hear differences on cables and interconnects. Even ones I know very little about and have not heard before.

Edits: minor typos. Should stop typing on phone

Last edited:
May 15, 2024 at 4:54 AM Post #5,615 of 5,616
Eletech Visit

A thank you to @Eric Chong for generously giving up his time. On my recent visit to Singapore I managed to get away and audition some of Eletech's latest releases.

IMG_3546.jpeg

Eletech Raphael

This has already been well reviewed and well received.

From the product literature: ‘Raphael’ solidifies Eletech’s experience with working with flagship copper and gold materials, configurations and streamlined into a highly performing mix that is housed within the new “Virtues Series”. Raphael offers a highly resolving sound signature with being very organic sounding with a well textured warmth. Augmented by a Kevlar core, the "Raphael" is resilient while ensuring the structural stability of extremely high strand counts.

Specifications

• 25.5 AWG
  • Ultra High Purity Gold-Plated Copper + Gold-Copper Alloy
  • 9 Core Litz
  • Multi-Sized Stranding Design
  • High Dispersion Geometry ; Kevlar Resilient Core
  • Cryogenically Treated
  • Eletech Customised connectors and Y-split
  • Individually Enamelled strands
  • FlexiMax Insulation™
Retail: $529USD

Sonically I was impressed with Raphael at the price point. It's a 'safe' upgrade to a stock cable without going into kilobuck territory.
I had with me the MEST III (the stock PWA cable is known to be warm).

Raphael was still slightly warm in a nice way. But not as full/rich as the OEM stock cable which brings about a sense of space. Mids become more prominent and forward, especially the upper mids. Space and separation were quite capable with adequate detail retrieval. My comments were "would be a very capable cable and a good pairing for IEM's that are not too bright". It is technically capable and balanced enough that it would pair well with many IEM's. I would safely recommend trialling Raphael as an introduction into cable upgrades.

IMG_3548.jpeg

Eletech Aristotle

Aristotle
transcends from previous "School Of Athens" ideals, offering a completely fresh outlook on the extremities of Copper, built with Eletech's new tri-coaxial oil soaked geometry. Combining both Crimson OCC Copper + OCC Copper, the Aristotle offers extended clarity and extensions, excellent copper warmth with a highly layered midrange and visceral low energy. Built with active shielding within the geometry, the "Aristotle" offers an extremely silent and deep dark background while details in the forefront are quick and transient with precision.

Specifications:

- 18 AWG, 2 Wires
- Triple Coaxial Dual Blend Copper Litz
(Oil-soaked Crimson OCC Copper + OCC Copper)
- 24AWG Active Shielding + OCC Shielding Net
- Eletech Bespoke Solder
- FlexiMax Insulation

Retails for $749USD and first release sold out

Initial impressions were immediate warmth, with a rich and full mid bass an slow mids. Upper mids take a step back and may tame IEM's that are too sparkly. Treble is still there but not as forward as I usually associate with the Eletech house sound. Soundstage also much more intimate with notes closer together. If you want copper 18AWG low-end warm cuddles then this may be your cable. Ergonomically "just fine" for 18AWG 2-wire.

Please don't ask me about oil soaked geometry. It seems to be the current 'flavour'.

IMG_3554.jpeg

Euclid

Euclid"
transcends from the previous "School of Athens" ideals, introducing a fresh perspective on the extremities of silver cables. It features Eletech's innovative tri-coaxial oil-soaked geometry, setting it apart from its predecessors. The cable combines OCC Silver with 1% Gold and Nano Gold outer coating, resulting in a luxurious presentation and an expansive, lush soundscape. "Euclid" effortlessly reveals micro details and offers a rich note weight, promising a truly majestic audio experience.

Specifications:

- 18 AWG, 2 Wires
- Triple Coaxial Pure Silver Litz + 1% Gold
(Oil-soaked Pure Silver + 1% Gold & Nano Gold Coating)
- 24AWG Active Shielding + Silver Shielding Net
- Eletech Bespoke Solder
- FlexiMax Insulation

Retails $1199USD

My preference out of the two "School of Athens" cables. Better balance compared to Aristotle. Still capable bass but less warmth and improved sub/mid bass balance with the mids. Slight sub-bass emphasis compared to the stock MEST cable. What I immediate note from Euclid is the fullness of the sound. Still musical and the treble much less recessed than Aristotle.

Brief comparisons with Ode to Laura and Sonnet of Adam

Ode to Laura is my favourite Eletech cable. I own it and have it paired with Spartacus. There's an immediately noticeable improvement in the techs. Soundstage layering, holographic placement. Soundstage is not as wide or spacious as Sonnet to Adam and I actually thought they sounded very different. There's still a nicely balanced copper warmth to the low-mid end. Bass is tighter and well controlled, with detailed texture. There's a slight prominent to the vocal upper mids and it almost hones in on that frequency spectrum on Mest III that is harder to describe.

Paired to Spartacus (SP3000 -> MK475 + Orphy IC pairing that lends to a slightly warmer, laid back source presentation) OTL was synergistically excellent. Tonality was well balanced. I look for that "X" factor in tonality, timbre, balance and complexity and this was very fine. Treble is very much controlled and reasonably extended without brightness. Not as rich as Euclid in scale.

Sonnet of Adam was technically excellent, less coloured than OTL but without the vocal prominent one the upper mids. It was less dense. Musical but in a more neutral sense. Layering, OTL does very well but SOA is very, very close. Smooth but clean and transitions really well. The treble sparkle and air is very well done without any sibilance. On MEST III it's near the upper limits of my preference (Elyisian Annihilator is also close) but without as much of the low-mid emphasis the upper registers shine. Staging is wide and magnificent.

Versa system means that Eletech cables will be compatible with 2-pin and MMCX (e.g. campfire) audio IEM's. Pentacon Ear for Elysian IEM's are due for release in 1-2 months but not yet ready.

Usual disclaimer: This is what I hear. On my equipment. I consistently and reproducibly hear differences on cables and interconnects. Even ones I know very little about and have not heard before.

Im glad you had fun over at our place and enjoyed the whiskey! :) Pop by whenever you're in town. Happy to hang out :D

Eletech Cables Stay updated on Eletech Cables at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/eletechsg https://twitter.com/EletechJP https://instagram.com/eletechsg/ https://elementechnology.com/ eric@elementechnology.com
May 16, 2024 at 4:41 AM Post #5,616 of 5,616

Leaving this here as we get ready for the first batch of "Aristotle" and "Euclid". Know that your cable is merticulously crafted and in good hands :) Many thanks to ECT HK for filming this video during the recent Canjam Singapore, capturing our craftsmen at work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back