Focal For Bentley Radiance Headphones
May 15, 2024 at 6:28 PM Post #1,471 of 1,481
I think you'll find that is to do with the yolk, does some times happen with my Clear MGs and it was also present on the Radiance I had on audition. It's not something I would worry about.
It's annoying tho, and it's not present on both my Clears and Elegias, it doesn't affect anything soundwise, but it does speak to QC issues with Focal.

May 16, 2024 at 9:54 AM Post #1,472 of 1,481
On another topic, does anyone have any recommendations for products to treat and take care of the leather parts, specifically the pads on the radiance and other headphones that have real leather?
I recently saw this post on Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/1c8ovnr/you_can_keep_stellia_looking_brand_new/

"You need to look for aniline/full grain leather protection cream, made specially for unprotected leather."

I don't anything about leathers so I guess all I can recommend at this point is the same product the OP used. Just make sure you read the reviews if you buy a different one. Some other leather conditioners I looked at mentioned that they are suitable for anniline leather but people in the reviews state that they stained them. Leather cream conditioners may be the way to go.

May 28, 2024 at 4:51 PM Post #1,473 of 1,481
Serious question. Where you go from here if you love Radiance but want all of its strength but more...

May 29, 2024 at 6:26 PM Post #1,475 of 1,481
Stelliance :beyersmile:
I had Stellia and Utopia, both aren't as satisfying bass wise (punch, dynamic) as Radiance, I'm so addicted to the bass and overall balance to mids and highs.. where to go from here

May 29, 2024 at 6:29 PM Post #1,476 of 1,481
I had Stellia and Utopia, both aren't as satisfying bass wise (punch, dynamic) as Radiance, I'm so addicted to the bass and overall balance to mids and highs.. where to go from here
The Stelliance has an even more intense bass response than the Radiance...!

Maybe check out the Atrium Closed?

May 29, 2024 at 6:56 PM Post #1,477 of 1,481
Haha dude just be happy then!

Radiance are probably better than any closed back on the market just 6 years ago. They are a totl closed back headphone and render music at very high quality.

There are leagues above, but do they offer that much? Well if you prefer the character of the Radiance, things like a Stealth may well be a downgrade. The smidgens of extra detail and staging don't mean much if you you've found your sound.

May 29, 2024 at 7:00 PM Post #1,478 of 1,481
Haha dude just be happy then!

Radiance are probably better than any closed back on the market just 6 years ago. They are a totl closed back headphone and render music at very high quality.

There are leagues above, but do they offer that much? Well if you prefer the character of the Radiance, things like a Stealth may well be a downgrade. The smidgens of extra detail and staging don't mean much if you you've found your sound.
I miss my Radiance, they're on RMA right now, hope to hear soon from Focal but oh boy are they taking their goddamn time with them.

May 29, 2024 at 7:51 PM Post #1,479 of 1,481
Serious question. Where you go from here if you love Radiance but want all of its strength but more...
I honestly don't know. Focal caught lightning in a bottle with this one. I can't name a clear upgrade from it either open or closed.

May 30, 2024 at 5:02 AM Post #1,480 of 1,481
I found my Denon AH-D9200 to have more bass presence than the Radiance I had on home audition. The new Meze Liric 2 has beautiful bass, so detailed. I like my Clear MGs but was quite disappointed with the Radiance overall and returned it.

Jun 1, 2024 at 7:22 PM Post #1,481 of 1,481
I honestly don't know. Focal caught lightning in a bottle with this one. I can't name a clear upgrade from it either open or closed.
I do enjoy the bass and detail from OG Utopia (totally different price tier of course) more than Radiance but otherwise I completely agree. It’s wild to me that Focal have made the Radiance limited and now seemingly unavailable new. They are just so well balanced and the synergy with something like a Hugo 2 is just off the charts great. I went Elegia, Celestee, Radiance. I’m not even remotely tempted by the Stellia. I’ve heard them and appreciate the added detail but the tuning isn’t as appealing and the price premium makes no sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back