Help me find the perfect sub-$150 dynamic driver IEM
May 2, 2024 at 10:06 PM Post #31 of 38
May 14, 2024 at 3:50 AM Post #32 of 38
Idk if anyone cares but so far I've tried the KZ Castor Bass and Simgot EW200, and they're both very good. When you keep the price tag in mind, they become absurdly good. Someone could spend $35 on the EW200 and be set for life.

May 29, 2024 at 8:22 PM Post #35 of 38
Kefine Delci? Both tuning and technical preferences tend to get muddled in this price point, since both can have a massive impact on your listening experience, so it's hard to place a hard value on either when it comes to subjective enjoyment.

Try the Kefine Delci. I bought it on a whim. The Delci is really impressing me with its strong yet tight bass and with the very nice details throughout.

Xuan Nu is bassy warm and analoguish sounding. Quite lowFI in terms of technicalities

Delci is U-shaped with big bass, good soundstage and better technical chops than the Xuan Nu.
Y'all weren't kidding. I've spent all afternoon with the Kefine Delci listening to my IEM Test playlist and enjoying every minute it. Everything sounds great, nothing hurts, the sound stage is nice and wide, the imaging is clear, and you can hear the "fwap" of bandoneon and clarinet keys.

I think I'll keep these and the Simgot EW-200 and sell off all the other DDs I have. I'm done searching for DDs!

Thanks everyone for the recs.

May 30, 2024 at 7:08 PM Post #36 of 38
Try the Kefine Delci. I bought it on a whim. The Delci is really impressing me with its strong yet tight bass and with the very nice details throughout.
I purchased the Kefine Delci and the Simgot EA500LM. I was expecting to like the Kefine a lot; but found them a bit muffled compared to the Simgot. YMMV.

Under $150 would also get one to the LetShoeur (spelling) S12. Those have a nice, fluid sound.

Last edited:
May 31, 2024 at 1:13 AM Post #37 of 38
Fwiw, I EQ the Delci to clean up the mids to treble transition so it loses the muffle. It doesn't require much to get it sounding fairly natural. Really enjoy it once it's fixed because the treble is already pretty clean and extended for a 1DD before any tinkering. I think I like the Delci more than the Kefine Klanar.

Last edited:
May 31, 2024 at 3:56 AM Post #38 of 38
Fwiw, I EQ the Delci to clean up the mids to treble transition so it loses the muffle. It doesn't require much to get it sounding fairly natural. Really enjoy it once it's fixed because the treble is already pretty clean and extended for a 1DD before any tinkering. I think I like the Delci more than the Kefine Klanar.
I will try that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back