HISENIOR AUDIO Discussion Thread
May 14, 2024 at 12:23 PM Post #137 of 144
Thank you. I have gone through the reviews here, but it is tough to distinguish between hype and informed impressions at this point. It is clear that this is a good set, but I'm trying to get impressions on how it compares to Oracle and MMK2 in terms of musicality and technical prowess.
Mega5EST 7th anniversary is on a higher plane vs MMK2 and so many other IEMs. MMK2 sounds a little more shouty as well. Technicalities is where I haven't directly compared them yet but form my listening Mega5EST I'm liking Mega5EST more because it's not forcing that detail compared to Monarch.

Mega5EST 7th is very musical, No BA Tamber from the Sonion drivers but the biggest part many aren't focusing on is this IEM doesn't sound like any regular IEM.
There's no length mode while you listen. It's like being in an open field of sound. Imaging and instrument placement is pinpoint and the clearest I've heard to date even vs Monarch.

I was listening to "On the Run" by Pink Floyd (Dark side of the Moon) DSD and this IEM has presented the clearest and best presentation I've heard to date of this song. The dynamic driver also offers various textures of Bass depending on how it was recorded and mastered.

I was listening to some 90's FLAC as well "Return of the Mack" by Mack Morrison and for the first time I heard background filler loops I've not heard even on the Monarch in that song.

Also tried some new Xelastec Medium small tips. They seal much better than the stock blue short tips. This results in a more vivid listen if you want more bass, mids and treble detail.

We always are on the lookout for the next best thing. This IEM is one you'll not regret buying. It is an endgame type purchase. It's that satisfying.

Tuning is euphoric

Last edited:
May 16, 2024 at 9:12 AM Post #138 of 144
Finally received my set yesterday and been letting them burn in a tad. Paired up with my Code 23. I agree that they are extremely well tuned and there is nothing done wrong. Everything is “just nice”, but to those seeking fun, colorful or punchy IEMs, they might go away feeling disappointed. Most of the IEMs I’ve heard do something extremely well, with some weaknesses. For example, the IER-Z1R has crazy good bass, but is just a touch sibilant / peaky, and man the discomfit for many.. The Mega5-EST has nothing in spades, but everything is perfectly balanced with each other. Bass is plentiful, but does not leak into mids, vocals are wonderfully presented, instrument separation is precise.

If I were to nitpick, more sub-bass is always welcome, as is a slightly larger soundstage that extends further in the vertical space and depth. I also find that these are one of the few IEMs where I think I prefer using with the 320MaxTi rather than the 1ZM2… Anyway, still early days. More to burn in. What I can say is that these definitely punch WAY above their weight. For the price, they really can be someone’s end-game set.

Comfort is top-notch, I’m using the Coreir AL with them, a size smaller than my usual, that allows the to fit deep into the ear canal. Comparable fit and comfort to my CIEM. If you have the cash, these are a good entry and ending point for many.

*Update*
Just A/B against my CIEM Mest 2 and the Sony IER-Z1R… The Mega5-EST made the both of them sound unnatural in comparison. damn.

Last edited:
May 17, 2024 at 7:38 PM Post #139 of 144
I placed my order on 21 Apr, still waiting no thanks to DMS' video. Spoke with Gareth and apparently there's a huge backlog. They take special care in matching both the LR pieces, so I'm trying my best to be patient and wait for mine to drop. Not like I have any lack of IEMs and earbuds to play around with recently.

Would be interesting to see how they compare with my Mest 2 CIEMs even though it might not be too fair a comparison, and also against the IER-Z1R which are my current favourites although I wish they fit better in my ears~
Ah, that would explain the long shipping times for them then. I ordered mine from angel ears on the 3rd May, and still waiting for them to be shipped.

May 17, 2024 at 11:51 PM Post #140 of 144
Ah, that would explain the long shipping times for them then. I ordered mine from angel ears on the 3rd May, and still waiting for them to be shipped.
The backlog seems to be a delay in Hisenior receiving the premium White Whale cables used on the Mega5-EST.

May 18, 2024 at 12:06 AM Post #141 of 144
Ordered mine from Angelears from aliexpress too on May 1st. Not shipped yet either. Picked them cause their listing shows in stock, turns out they had none in stock lol.

Anyone ordered directly from hisenor? How fast did you get your pair?

May 18, 2024 at 1:02 AM Post #142 of 144
I had messaged them on FB messenger for any sort of update, and received the following:

1000009426.jpg

I would've appreciated if the seller on Ali had mentioned the fact it was a preorder, and not in stock. Having said that, hisenior themselves were very quick to respond, and I give them kudos for that.

May 18, 2024 at 1:09 AM Post #143 of 144
Ordered mine from hisenior directly on April 21st, ended up getting them 2 days ago, on the 15th, shipped to WA. When I sent them an e-mail asking about the shipping time a couple weeks into my wait, they essentially said much the same thing that's already been stated: their backlog is enormous and because they're really carefully tested and matched so they can only crank them out so fast. About 2-3 weeks from ordering to shipping.

Holy crap were they worth the wait though. Trying not to form any opinions too quickly since I'm for sure still in that honeymoon phase with my new toy, but these sound 'right' in a way really nothing else ever has right from the very second I put them in my ears. If my feelings end up staying the same as they are now after more time and A/B testing, I actually like them more than my SA6 Ultras, U12Ts, MEST Mk 2s, and Monarch Mk 2s. Not something I expected at ALL. My IER-Z1Rs still have that special sauce that I still haven't managed to find in any other pair of IEMs, but those are so different from what the Mega5EST is trying to do that they're not really comparable. Super happy I took a chance on blind buying these.

May 18, 2024 at 2:28 AM Post #144 of 144
I had messaged them on FB messenger for any sort of update, and received the following:

*snip

I would've appreciated if the seller on Ali had mentioned the fact it was a preorder, and not in stock. Having said that, hisenior themselves were very quick to respond, and I give them kudos for that.
Excellent! I don't mind waiting at all. Especially if it means Hisenor is taking their time to do proper QC. Just same, wished Angelears would've mentioned it was a preorder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back