HQPlayer Impressions and Settings Rolling Thread
May 18, 2024 at 5:47 PM Post #1,411 of 1,411
Make sure WASAPI output is set in Tidal app.

VAC allows to define a range of input sample rates, but WASAPI doesn't allow automated switching of input sample rate in HQPlayer. So you need to adapt the input rate in HQPlayer according to source content rate.

VAC contaions simple upsampling engine to adapt to VAC output rate if necessary. That's why your 48k content was seen as 192k in HQPlayer. To avoid that, as stated above, you need to set input rate in HQPlayer according to source.

If you want automated rate switching you could use RPi4 as input NAA and connect your HQPlayer computer with RPi4 using USB cable. See https://community.roonlabs.com/t/settings-t-a-dac-200-with-hqplayer-embedded/271710/36.

Or use HQPlayer Embedded UPnP/DLNA functionality to play Tidal (Embedded license is separate from Desktop license).

Or switch to Qobuz, which si supported by HQPlayer Client. That works both with Desktop and Embedded editions.

Or use Roon to play Tidal to Desktop or Embedded.
Thanks very much for the explanation and alternative suggestions - I do have Tidal in exclusive mode (assuming this is what you are referring to by saying to make sure Wasapi output is set) so I think for now I'll just lock Tidal to 16/44.1 when using hqplayer so I can leave it at a single set sample rate and let it do all the upsampling from 16/44.1.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back