HR Desktop question
Aug 3, 2007 at 1:26 AM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by rumatt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes. The switches and volume do affect the signal sent to the preamp outs on the Desktop (at least they do on the 2006 that I have).

It's a good pre-amp out as I explained in another thread, but it isn't a pure DAC out either so I acknowledge the feature you desire, PITTM, is not provided by the amp and it's a reasonable desire. We have limited room for multiple output connectors and we just made the choice that running a volume controlled out for a desktop amp and speakers was a more usefull feature for most people.

I'll also acknowledge that the "most people" I'm talking about isn't most Head-Fiers. We have to satisfy a broader market where people (Audiophiles, but they dont have multiple headphone amps on their desk generally) are generally using our gear as a one-box audio control center for their desktop.

Aug 6, 2007 at 11:33 AM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecala /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would like to know the Specs for this unit as none are shown on the website..

I would like to ask my question again as it seems it was missed. I would like to know the total output in m/watts given by the new desktop portable.

Aug 6, 2007 at 12:31 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

I would like to ask my question again as it seems it was missed. I would like to know the total output in m/watts given by the new desktop portable.

Sorry, I guess I missed it. All our Diamond buffer design amps (all of them but the AirHead/BitHead) have about 1/2 Watt per channel. Actual wattage varies a bit the impedance of the cans.

Aug 6, 2007 at 12:39 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyll Hertsens /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, I guess I missed it. All our Diamond buffer design amps (all of them but the AirHead/BitHead) have about 1/2 Watt per channel. Actual wattage varies a bit the impedance of the cans.

That brings up quite an important point - I strongly recommend that you post measured specs on your amps, simply on the principle of showing you aren't trying to hide anything. I think there are also some people who will not take a product seriously unless they can see detailed, objectively measured specifications, even if they don't use those specs in their decision making process.

Aug 6, 2007 at 9:43 PM Post #20 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSloth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That brings up quite an important point - I strongly recommend that you post measured specs on your amps, simply on the principle of showing you aren't trying to hide anything. I think there are also some people who will not take a product seriously unless they can see detailed, objectively measured specifications, even if they don't use those specs in their decision making process.

Thanks Daniel, you're right, of course, I'll see if we can't get it up higher on the list.

Aug 10, 2007 at 9:12 AM Post #21 of 22
Tyll,
Do you plan at some stage to have this amp reviewed by some journal or perhaps someone on this forum?

Aug 10, 2007 at 1:52 PM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Do you plan at some stage to have this amp reviewed by some journal or perhaps someone on this forum?

Sure, we'll be sending them off over time to press folks, they're just barely getting into production, remember, so it'll be a while before reviews show up. But I have no dounbt that someone here who buys one will report their experience in the not-to-distant future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back