Interconnect for $100 (US)
Jun 29, 2001 at 7:08 AM Post #16 of 23
I SBT tested between PBJ & KCAG & the Super Silver, and don't recall much difference in bass, but the Super Silver costs less than the other two and is the most neutral overall.

I want to try the Silver Lace, which is the stepup model to ths Supers. it's a 8-strand, braided, silver design, and people have reported better bass than with the Supers or KCAG.

I do see what Dusty Chalk is saying about the bass with KCAG and some 3 strand silver ICs. Make a monster(many strands of silver) IC for us
biggrin.gif

Jul 1, 2001 at 1:22 AM Post #17 of 23
I'd say go with the VDH D-102 III. It's a wee bit splashy and bass-boomy fresh out of the box, but that soon passes. If you're into bass, especially through open headphones, you'll probably love this cable.

Enjoy.

Jul 1, 2001 at 1:54 AM Post #18 of 23
Hey, I looked these up, and they are a lot more than US$100 new -- do you guys know something that I don't know (like where to get them cheaper or used)? Favorite websites?

Jul 1, 2001 at 5:35 AM Post #19 of 23
hongda,
hope this isn't too late but i have the cardas 300-B microtwin. if you want warm get 'em. these do bass and midrange perfectly. they are, however, about $95 per .5 meter. but i would never consider going back to any other IC after hearing these.

Jul 1, 2001 at 12:05 PM Post #20 of 23
DustyChalk,

The D-102 III is available in lengths starting from 0.6m. A 0.6m stereo pair costs about £60 in Britain. What does it cost where you are?

Jul 2, 2001 at 12:07 PM Post #21 of 23
Just had another thought: if you can solder, or if you know somebody who can solder, you can buy the cable off the reel for about half the made-up price.

Jul 2, 2001 at 7:42 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally posted by TerriblySorry
DustyChalk,

The D-102 III is available in lengths starting from 0.6m. A 0.6m stereo pair costs about £60 in Britain. What does it cost where you are?

Well, following the link off of the Van Den Hul website for international distributors in America, the only website I see is mayaudio.com, and they start at US$120/US$140 for 0.6m, depending on whether you get the III's or the V's...which sounds about right, considering the price you quoted.

http://www.mayaudio.com/vandenhul/interconnect.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back