KZ PR1 or PR3 Getting my feet wet on Planar world!
May 16, 2024 at 2:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

nofacemonster

100+ Head-Fier
Greetings my dear headfi folks!!! i just came here seeking advice since i haven't bought any earphones gear for the last four or five years.

I thought of getting my self a planar IEM and budget is limited (Somewhere below 99$) so i came across these and they all have mixed reviews. By all means i am no bass head, I listen to jazz, classical and some vaporware stuff which i found on the youtube. I love female vocals, clear highs (with no painful sibilance of course), I prefer balanced sound with sparkling clarity. I still can't decide which one to buy from above two, If you have better recommendations, please feel free to let me know.

I will be running these IEM's on the phone....!

May 16, 2024 at 5:39 AM Post #2 of 3
The best female vocals would be the Truth ear Zero blue with an Apple 3.5mm to USB adapter because they need a little more power than a phone provides. I've had the PR1 and PR3 and would take the 7hz Salnotes Zero:2 over either. The planar worth getting is pricey, the 7hz Timeless original (not the AE version which has a dynamic bass driver so bass sounds like anything else).
The Artti T10 is good for its exceptional bass, but doesn't sound like what your after. If you really want planar, I'd try for a used original 7hz Timeless and Apple adapter. They're worth waiting for the AliExpress summer sale or buying used to keep in budget.

May 16, 2024 at 5:42 AM Post #3 of 3
Greetings my dear headfi folks!!! i just came here seeking advice since i haven't bought any earphones gear for the last four or five years.

I thought of getting my self a planar IEM and budget is limited (Somewhere below 99$) so i came across these and they all have mixed reviews. By all means i am no bass head, I listen to jazz, classical and some vaporware stuff which i found on the youtube. I love female vocals, clear highs (with no painful sibilance of course), I prefer balanced sound with sparkling clarity. I still can't decide which one to buy from above two, If you have better recommendations, please feel free to let me know.

I will be running these IEM's on the phone....!

If it has to be a planar IEM, consider the Hidizs MP145.

Has 3 tuning nozzles to vary the sound signature, massive soundstage, and doesn't have the typical planar timbre. Only thing is the shells are huge.

It is going at $99 USD during sales now I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back