McChanson amps tube rolling thread
May 17, 2024 at 9:22 PM Post #482 of 485
He passed away Feb 2023 at the young age of 40. I do not know the cause of death nor do I have the insensitivity to ask his dad or girlfriend. It's out in the obituary and Sweden's police have confirmed it. He was ill a few months before his passing but he recovered to create his own Telemachus. I know not why such things happen but am thankful that my sojourn on this earth is still ongoing... for now.
Thanks Matt. 🙁😞 I looked around but didn’t find anything. 40 is too young…

May 18, 2024 at 4:08 AM Post #483 of 485
In the normal way of things people should die in the order they were born. Unfortunately in this crazy world sometimes people die too soon. He was 1 year younger than me and I was shocked and affected by his passing. I felt somehow that this can happen to me in every moment. When I think about this I remember the Iron Maiden song "Only the good die young". He had a great potential and UltraSonic should have been a brand to respect worldwide. He was also a PC builder/modder and showed me some really great stuff he has done before audio. I was also a PC builder but I was in a much lower class than him, no comparison can be made between the systems he assembled and mine. Let's keep his memory alive and enjoy his amps, he was a cool guy, gone too soon from us.

May 18, 2024 at 4:32 PM Post #484 of 485
After a couple heavenly weeks with the Phillips Miniwatt EL34 OO getter outputs, I swapped for Tung Sol KT170. Drivers KR 6C5, rectifier Mazda EZ81. Wonderful sound, mids a bit more forward than the EL34, otherwise close. Really enjoying the 6C5 drivers too! I think I’ll settle into these for a few weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_6789.jpeg
    IMG_6789.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
May 18, 2024 at 4:37 PM Post #485 of 485
I'm still on my Visseaux 6M6Gb power tubes but rolled in Western Electric 396A drivers. WOW! It may be that I'm well-rested and happy to not be working after a long week but man everything is sounding wonderful. :notes: :k701smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back