Meze Audio 109 Pro
May 17, 2024 at 8:09 PM Post #3,496 of 3,499
what do you mean by that? so do you don't like the 109?
I like the 109 Pro with a limited amount of music. Meditation, chakra, rieki, and jazz are all great on it. For my tastes overall:

1) Shure SRH1540
2) Sennheiser HD660S2
3) Audio-Technica ATH-MRS7b
4) Meze 109 Pro

All are 4.4mm balanced. I had the Empyrean on tour for two weeks. I kept craving my Shure headphones over the Empyrean. Everyone's ears hear differently. My players are the two original Sony Signature DAPs and Lotoo Paw Gold Touch.

To be fair to the Meze 109 Pro headphones, I am getting the Shanling M30 Pro to try them on. Some say they're magic with more power. I go back and forth with them. Some days they pop and other days I don't like them. It's the strangest thing I've ever experienced with headphones. Tonight was a night where I switched right away. (Next morning) This morning I am now in a jazz mood and the 109 Pro makes that sound lively and great. Oh, the ups and downs. Again, this is a bizarre headphones phenomenon. It's never happened to me before. This morning, they're great.

The Shure and Sennheiser are beautiful with Lotoo Paw Gold Touch. The Audio-Technica ATH-MRS7b and Shure SRH1540 are great on the Sonys. The 109 Pro is used with Lotoo. 20240518_090254.jpg

Last edited:
May 18, 2024 at 7:38 AM Post #3,497 of 3,499
Just swinging by to say hi to the fellow 109 Pro enthusiasts. These are my first serious HPs and what an experience they are. As a result, I'm definitely looking forward to demoing the 105 AEM at some point.

1000013443.jpg

Current tunes:

1000013441.jpg

May 18, 2024 at 2:14 PM Post #3,498 of 3,499
Hallelujah!!!
After leaving the Dekuni pads attached to the outer wood portion of the 109’s overnight, just tried to properly attach the left pad in the slot properly and was successful. The same with properly inserting the Dukoni pad on the right side. WHEW. I guess letting the rubber lips extend overnight made it open enough to attach the pads in the slots.

May 18, 2024 at 2:17 PM Post #3,499 of 3,499
I like the 109 Pro with a limited amount of music. Meditation, chakra, rieki, and jazz are all great on it. For my tastes overall:

1) Shure SRH1540
2) Sennheiser HD660S2
3) Audio-Technica ATH-MRS7b
4) Meze 109 Pro

All are 4.4mm balanced. I had the Empyrean on tour for two weeks. I kept craving my Shure headphones over the Empyrean. Everyone's ears hear differently. My players are the two original Sony Signature DAPs and Lotoo Paw Gold Touch.

To be fair to the Meze 109 Pro headphones, I am getting the Shanling M30 Pro to try them on. Some say they're magic with more power. I go back and forth with them. Some days they pop and other days I don't like them. It's the strangest thing I've ever experienced with headphones. Tonight was a night where I switched right away. (Next morning) This morning I am now in a jazz mood and the 109 Pro makes that sound lively and great. Oh, the ups and downs. Again, this is a bizarre headphones phenomenon. It's never happened to me before. This morning, they're great.

The Shure and Sennheiser are beautiful with Lotoo Paw Gold Touch. The Audio-Technica ATH-MRS7b and Shure SRH1540 are great on the Sonys. The 109 Pro is used with Lotoo.
I may have finally found the reason why I love these headphones one day and hate them the next. In 2015 I had a neck injury that caused a massive cerebellar stroke. About 40% of my cerebellum was completely destroyed. I had no idea that the cerebellum affected the auditory pathway and sound synthesis and decoding. I just found this online. I guess this means that nobody should take my sound perceptions seriously. Sorry. This sucks because I love the portable audio hobby.

Screenshot_20240518_130951_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back