Moondrop in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
May 10, 2024 at 5:44 AM Post #12,002 of 12,007
I found that all my IEMs were sensitive to that :relaxed:
When I was switching with Mirai at the same time it wasn’t as noticeable/drastic as dusk. I wonder if it’s because of the mirai’s long nozzle?

May 10, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #12,003 of 12,007
When I was switching with Mirai at the same time it wasn’t as noticeable/drastic as dusk. I wonder if it’s because of the mirai’s long nozzle?
I'd hazard a guess that it also has to do with your physical sensitivity to, and psychological awareness of, the frequencies that are changed by the tips. If you have a shouty set and you notice shout quickly, than you'll recognize the change immediately with different tips.

May 11, 2024 at 8:35 AM Post #12,005 of 12,007
I have a pair of Variations and absolutely LOVE them. Keep being called by the Dusk. How do the two compare?
I had the variations for a couple a months then sold them, I currently own the dusk.

The Dusk sounds more refined to me. I found the variations shouty in the upper mids. I also find the imaging on the Dusk is better and the stage is wider.

The Dusk has less midbass than the variations though, and the bass tuck is less aggressive. The Dusk is more subbass focused.

However the variations had better more natural sounding treble extension, due to those well implemented EST’s.

Obviously this is just my opinion based on my perceptions and preferences and YMMV.

Last edited:
May 12, 2024 at 2:12 AM Post #12,007 of 12,007
You surely must have this the other way around lol
I don’t think so?

The variations from memory had noticeably more midbass with a more aggressive bass tuck. Whereas the dusk is leaner on the midbass but still has good subbass extension - therefore is more subbass focused and it sounds that way (to me).

The graph below also supports what I said and the differences in what I heard between the two sets:

IMG_3194.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back