Need help from the Pros: A complex setup, multiple headphone Amp / DAC Combo's.
May 3, 2024 at 11:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

chrisyak

Head-Fier
Hey audiophiles! I'm building a system to quickly compare 5-6 headphone amp/DAC combos. My goal is easy switching between setups to find the best pairings of gear.

The Challenge: How do I feed a high-quality audio source (PC or possibly a streamer) into a system that lets me easily switch between multiple DACs?

Current Idea:

Analog Switcher: Handle output to Amp/DACs.

Optical Switcher: Manage digital input to DACs.

Questions:

Optical Switching: Is this the best approach to preserve audio quality? Streamer vs. PC: Would a streamer offer better sound quality as my source?

Community Experience: Has anyone done something similar? Tips/tricks?

The Goal: Simplified setup for critical listening, comparing gear, and eventually doing reviews.

Thanks in advance for any help!

If you need me to explain a bit more Info I can give you Little bit better idea on what I am doing. I could really use some suggestions on exact types of equipment that would work. There are always lots of switchers out there but not sure which model would be best for this situation.

May 4, 2024 at 1:12 AM Post #2 of 2
Maybe a USB hub that's powered with switches for each port on it would make it easy. Just toggle them on or off, and you can have multiple USB drivers installed. I've only had problems with multiple control panels running, so I turn them off in Windows start options..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back